ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ Client for IBM System I. fix pack 8.0.0.5-WS-MQC-IBM_i

MQ Client for IBM System I. fix pack 8.0.0.5-WS-MQC-IBM_i « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
julio espinoza cancino
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: MQ Client for IBM System I. fix pack 8.0.0.5-WS-MQC-IBM_i Reply with quote

Hi.

Regarding the mQ client for Iseries, IBM has told me that it is available in fix pack 8.0.0.5-WS-MQC-IBM_i.

I have searched the internet and I can't find any reference to this client nor to their stability or behavior. I can not even find documentation.

The iSeries client is an alternative solution to a retail installation with many transactions per second.

Does anyone have any reference or experience using this client?

Any help will be welcome.

Sincerely
smdavies99
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

searched the Internet?

Well a search for...........

IBM MQ 8.0.0.5

gives this
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21982686

There is a link to FIX Central where you can find the download of the IBM i 8.0.0.5 client

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
julio espinoza cancino
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, but I'm looking for some kind of information about the experience using these client in a high messaging environment, replacing the servers in Iseries.

Thanks...
bruce2359
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Google 'MQ client performance' or similar.

Slower performance given increase in network traffic with MQ client.
julio espinoza cancino
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for the help... are there any experience about migrate a high transaction envirnment MQ, using MQ server in Iseries to use MQ client in Iseries, migrating the server to MQ appliance or any other platform?

best reggards

Thanks
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

MQ Client requires interactions over TCP/IP for every MQI call. This is not so bad if if the qmgr is local and no n/w links are involved, but the performance is not as good as MQ Server / aka Bindings mode. I suggest that you benchmark performance before moving a high volume environment to MQ Client. The app also needs to properly handle MQ Client severe failures, such as the venerable MQRC_CONNECTION_BROKEN that can occur on any MQI call at any time. You also need to consider if transactionality is required with MQ Client.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hello,

This sounds like a manager who wants to save some money but does not have a clue about the cost and work involved in what you ask.

(1) Applications will not require updates if ALL messages are not important, messages can be lost and applications stop working when connectivity is lost to the queue manager.

(2) If messages are critical or important then you better have a truck with lots and lots of money because what you are asking will be VERY expensive.
    - All applications will need to be updated to support 2 phase UOW (Unit of Work) or messages can be lost.
    - All applications will need re-connection logic added to it, so that dropped connections can be handled.
    - There will be a noticeable difference in response speed especially for larger messages
    - All of these MQ client applications need to connect somewhere, have you sized out how large of a server will be required to (1) handle the TCP/IP traffic and the MQ workload?

These are just a few things that I can think of off the top of my head.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ Client for IBM System I. fix pack 8.0.0.5-WS-MQC-IBM_i
Jump to: