ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB and SPSS

IIB and SPSS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
pmasters
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: IIB and SPSS Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Guys,

Looking for some practical uses here - has anyone tried hooking IIB up to SPSS analytics. Trying to understand what would be involved in providing a side feed of info which pushes to SPSS which we can then query later. Also interested in what overhead that would put on SPSS and if there are any issues with concurrent pushes from lots of WMB instances. We're using SPSS Modeler and I wanted to understand how to hook it in.

Thanks, Peter
timber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

hi Peter!
Quote:
has anyone tried hooking IIB up to SPSS analytics.
I did hear of somebody using SPSS with IIB and I'm sure it's possible to hook the two together.
Quote:
Trying to understand what would be involved in providing a side feed of info which pushes to SPSS which we can then query later.
That would depend on what content this 'side feed' needs to contain. A message flow that suscribes to monitoring messages and forwards them to SPSS may be one option, but I strongly suspect that you will already have thought of that!
Quote:
Also interested in what overhead that would put on SPSS and if there are any issues with concurrent pushes from lots of WMB instances.
Sounds like a question for an SPSS forum.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

The big question to answer is "how do I get data into SPSS" - that is, what transport is used.

If it's a weird, proprietary, TCP/IP format, then you're better off using SPSS provided tools - ideally jar files that you can use from a JCN.

If it's REST/or SOAP calls, that's much easier.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB and SPSS
Jump to: