ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Connection Problems to Channel

Connection Problems to Channel « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Fok
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Connection Problems to Channel Reply with quote

Hey folks,
i am pretty new here. Here is what i want to do. I have installed a mq server on a virtual win server for testing my client. But i can´t connect to the QM running on the machine. I've tried to connect through the network and direct from the machine where the QM manager is running.
I am getting the error_code 2040 MQRC_UNKNOWN_CHANNEL_NAME
Looking through the logs i get the infomation AMQ9520 Channel is not remote defined.
While the code seems to be pretty clear i created the channel in the MQ Explorer with the same name. Therefore i know that the channel exists.

Any ideas or tips?

regards
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Connection Problems to Channel Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Fok wrote:
Any ideas or tips?

MQ is case sensitive. MY.CHANNEL and my.channel are 2 different channel objects.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Channels come in several types.

MQ will turn unquoted object names into upper case names.

so "define channel(abc)" will define a channel named "ABC"
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
Channels come in several types.

That's another likely possibility - wrong channel type
Fok
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, i considered case sensitiv.
The channel is in all caps defined "CHANNEL1".
The channel is created in the category "Clientconnections" and the type of the channel is "clientconnection".

Sorry, if i don't use the correct terms because i work with the german version of mq explorer.
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Fok wrote:
...The channel is created in the category "Clientconnections" and the type of the channel is "clientconnection"...

That will populate an entry in a Client Channel Definition Table (CCDT) file but needs its 'partner' SVRCONN (Server Connection) channel defined...

Fok wrote:
...Sorry, if i don't use the correct terms because i work with the german version of mq explorer.

No worries - I wish my German was as good as your English!
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

exerk wrote:
Fok wrote:
...Sorry, if i don't use the correct terms because i work with the german version of mq explorer.

Ich spreche keine Deutch.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
exerk wrote:
Fok wrote:

Ich spreche keine Deutch.

Leider so, und Fliessend fuer mich...
Fok
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exerk wrote:
Fok wrote:
...The channel is created in the category "Clientconnections" and the type of the channel is "clientconnection"...

That will populate an entry in a Client Channel Definition Table (CCDT) file but needs its 'partner' SVRCONN (Server Connection) channel defined...

Ok, let's go step by step. I tried quite a few things but i am feeling like no progression is made.
I can connect my client to local QM, yay. Let's call the local QM QM_LOCAL. QM_LOCAL has a channel of the type Clientconnection.

Now i want to connect my client to a remote QM, QM_REMOTE.
What type of channel has to be created by the client and what kind of channel has to be running on QM_REMOTE?

exerk tried to give me a hint, but i am a bit clueless at the moment.

Error logs and return codes are not giving me enough clues to handle this on my own.
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Fok wrote:
I can connect my client to local QM, yay. Let's call the local QM QM_LOCAL. QM_LOCAL has a channel of the type Clientconnection.

Now we're getting somewhere! The chances are, that if you are connecting to a local queue manager, one that has only a CLNTCONN channel defined, then you are not connecting via MQ Client. What application are you using, e.g. the amqsput/amqsputc sample? And which version of MQ are you using?

Fok wrote:
Now i want to connect my client to a remote QM, QM_REMOTE.
What type of channel has to be created by the client and what kind of channel has to be running on QM_REMOTE?

ALL channels need to have two ends. In the case of MQ Client the 'other' end (the queue manager end) needs to be a SVRCONN.

There are various methods of creating the MQ Client end of a channel and THIS will help you.
Fok
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exerk wrote:

ALL channels need to have two ends. In the case of MQ Client the 'other' end (the queue manager end) needs to be a SVRCONN.

This helped a lot. Now i am able to connect to QManager on a remote machine.

I am coding a c++ client to send messages to a customers via MQ. At the moment taking my first steps.

After a little strugle with authentification i send successfully a message.
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Fok wrote:
exerk wrote:

This helped a lot. Now i am able to connect to QManager on a remote machine.

I am coding a c++ client to send messages to a customers via MQ. At the moment taking my first steps.

After a little strugle with authentification i send successfully a message.

Excellent! How did you overcome the authentication issue?
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Fok wrote:

Ensure the client app keeps an active connection to the queue manager for as long as possible, ie. across multiple sends. The biggest overhead in MQ is establishing a connection.

Ensure the client app keeps the queue open across multiple message sends. Opening and closing queues is also an overhead that should be avoided, particularly for client apps.
Fok
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exerk wrote:

*Well, at first i got the message authentification failure sid couldn't obtained, roughly translated.
The remote server is a virtual server and not part of our damain. So the user from the client was not known. I created a user with the same name on the server. Than i was able to establish a connection but had insufficient right to connect to the QM. The next step was to make a entry for the user at the qm at role-based authorities. This worked and i had to do the same for the Queue.
And voila, i was able to put a message to the queue
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Fok wrote:
exerk wrote:

...The remote server is a virtual server and not part of our damain. So the user from the client was not known. I created a user with the same name on the server. Than i was able to establish a connection but had insufficient right to connect to the QM. The next step was to make a entry for the user at the qm at role-based authorities. This worked and i had to do the same for the Queue.
And voila, i was able to put a message to the queue

Well done you! That's learning how to do it the proper way, rather than putting the user in the mqm group.

Your answer implies you're on Windows, so, if cross-domain membership is an issue, you could look to use a CHLAUTH rule with USERMAP set

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Connection Problems to Channel
Jump to: