ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » JMSCC0005: The specified value 'jms/test_queue' is not a...

JMSCC0005: The specified value 'jms/test_queue' is not a... « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Mangesh1187
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: JMSCC0005: The specified value 'jms/test_queue' is not a... Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi All,

I am facing a problem with one of our JMS(in WAS) to MQ connectivity.
This connectivity was working fine when the QM was 7.0.0.3.

Now we have shfted the this connectivity to new QM having ,Version: 8.0.0.4.

when starting the WAS server its giving the below error :
JMSCC0005: The specified value 'jms/test_queue' is not allowed for 'XMSC_DESTINATION_NAME'.

I am going through other post with similar error , but not find anything reasonable which is using the MQ 8.

It will be great if someone provide any clue where exactly I have to rectify this issue and how?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Can a moderator please move this to the Java/JMS forum?
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Moved
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Looks like you are trying to supply a JNDI reference where a URI is expected...
Mangesh1187
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks fjb_saper , for the reply.

The JNDI in the error is that destination of one of the activation specification I configured in the JMS (insde WAS). And it was working fine with when it was connectivting to the Queue Manager with version 7.5.0.3)
i.e. I was able to see inbound connection to the target queue in MQ.

But since I am now connected to V8 queue manager , I can see this error.
Is it really casued becasued becasue I am connecting to V8 queue manager & it won't allow JNDI name to include pattern 'jms/test-queue' ?

OR
I am missinng something.....?

Anyone is connecting to MQ 8 queue manager and using this kind of pattern in JMS, 'jms/test_queue' ?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Connecting to V8 have you set up the usual authentication stuff, like JAAS user and password, etc...? You might have to take advantage of the mqccred authentication exit...
Mangesh1187
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

fjb_saper wrote:
Connecting to V8 have you set up the usual authentication stuff, like JAAS user and password, etc...? You might have to take advantage of the mqccred authentication exit...

I am not useing the new features provided by MQ V8 , to autheticate the userid. Hence simply connecting without passing the uid,pwd from JMS.

Also given proper authentications connect,dsp,inq to QMgrs for JMS group. Don't see any error in the MQ logs as such related to the connection.

Even I can seee one instance of the JMS channel in MQ. But I don't see the coonection to the pwerticular queue in QMGR which is configured in Activation specification. DUring analysis I found the mentioned error..
smdavies99
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Mangesh1187 wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:

I am not useing the new features provided by MQ V8 , to autheticate the userid. Hence simply connecting without passing the uid,pwd from JMS.

Also given proper authentications connect,dsp,inq to QMgrs for JMS group. Don't see any error in the MQ logs as such related to the connection.

Even I can seee one instance of the JMS channel in MQ. But I don't see the coonection to the pwerticular queue in QMGR which is configured in Activation specification. DUring analysis I found the mentioned error..

Have you setup the QMGR to not need the username/password? If as you say, it worked for V7.5 and does not for V8 then I susprect that this is the problem.

Are there any entries in the QMGR AMSERR01.log file? These may well help disgonse the problem.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Mangesh1187
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks for the reply, smdavies99 .

Yes, I have setup Queue Manager so that not to have a unmae/password. Also therer were not errors loged in QM errr logs.

Here is the further update.
I thought to give another try and I have bulit the same JMS configuration on another WAS on differant machine. And I can see the connectivity is fine.

Hence its nothing to do with the shift from MQ7.5 to MQ8 for the error I reported. I will keep my R&D to digout the rrot cause of this issue.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » JMSCC0005: The specified value 'jms/test_queue' is not a...
Jump to: