ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Informatica Powercenter Integration with MQ

Informatica Powercenter Integration with MQ « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
skrv
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Informatica Powercenter Integration with MQ Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,
We have MQ 7.5 on a z-linux server and it also hosts Informatica powercenter client.

we want to integrate both.

From the Informatica documentation it seems they need either client connection channel or svrconn channels to connect to MQ. I also see it specify about below environment variable

MQSERVER=channel_name/TCP/'hostname(port)'

My Question: Since both MQ server and Informatcia powercenter client is installed on same server, why do they need client channel? is there any other way to configure this setup?

thanks
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

I'm going to guess that the Informatica client component is bound to MQs client library, rather than MQs server-bindings library.

Contact Infirmatica to see if they can provide a server-bindings version of the same program
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Also, if it can't use MQ server bindings and can only use the MQ client libraries, have Informatica clarify whether it can use either an MQ client ini file or can use MQCONNX to build its end of the client channel because you can't use SSL/TLS to secure the channel.

I'm reasonably sure that PowerCentre can use a Java client so can access a jks key store etc., but as being wrong most of the time is my default state, don't quote me on that!
skrv
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

so If Informatica cant use MQ server bindings then we have to create a SVRCONN channel for them and then use MQSERVER environment variable to setup the connectivity?
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Yes.
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

skrv wrote:
so If Informatica cant use MQ server bindings then we have to create a SVRCONN channel for them and then use MQSERVER environment variable to setup the connectivity?

Yes, you will have to create a SVRCONN channel, but do not use the MQSERVER environment variable method if there is an alternative to doing so, e.g. mqclient.ini file, or the other MQ-related variables that can be used.

Take a look at THIS, and THIS, and possibly THIS (which contains a YouTube video how-to, albeit using the MQSERVER variable), but I refer you back to my previous statement about the Java client - which should have read JMS (sorry!).

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Informatica Powercenter Integration with MQ
Jump to: