ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » REST API Project upward compatibility

REST API Project upward compatibility « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
wmbfrz
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: REST API Project upward compatibility Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hello All
We had developed a REST API project in IIB 10.0.0.3 and it was working fine. I downloaded IIB 10.0.0.5 and imported the project but it shows error. The error details on Problem tab are as follows
Description: An error happened while loading the REST API.
Type: REST API Problem.
Is this a case for PMR or some configuration issue?
martinb
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi

Couple of things to check

- Ensure all the files imported OK, select the REST API project and right click and run a "Refresh". Then run a "clean", from the Project menu

If the error is still there, it's worth looking in the IB Toolkit Eclipse log to see if more detailed error cause is logged. (Menu Window -> Show view -> Other -> Error log).

Since you create the REST API in 10.0.0.3 I assume it's using a Swagger document you imported, (Create REST API from scratch was added in 10.0.0.4), so I guess it's possible that there is some additional validation of the Swagger .json file in 10.0.0.5, however the IB Toolkit should be reporting why it can't load. So unless the steps above sort this it is likely a issue to raise with IBM support I think.
timber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
the IB Toolkit should be reporting why it can't load
True. In 10.0.0.3 it won't do that. It just refuses to load the OpenAPI with a generic error message.
I think it's quite likely that the validation has been tightened up in 10.0.0.5. I recommend that you load the OpenAPI spec into some other tool and check the errors/warnings.
vishBroker
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I do not think, PMR is the way..not at least right away.
We have used RESTAPI from 10.0.0.3 to 10.0.0.5 and it worked fine.

You may want to look at the swagger file that got created in 10.0.0.3.
Use that swagger file to create RESTAPI in 10.0.0.5.
YOu can also want to validate the swagger file.
leron8
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Check Swagger File Reply with quote

Novice

As some people added before, you should check your swagger file, I was in the same situation and the problem was that I had invalid data types according to the swagger specification.

You can go here:
http://editor.swagger.io/#/

File, Paste JSON and it will validate ir for you and tell you what problems you have.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » REST API Project upward compatibility
Jump to: