ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Need help in creating directory tree structure in IBM TDS v6

Need help in creating directory tree structure in IBM TDS v6 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
srikanth1986
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Need help in creating directory tree structure in IBM TDS v6 Reply with quote

Hi All,

I had installed IBM TDS in my local machine to do some POC on authentication and authorization using LDAP for WMB flows.

TDS version: v6.3
I was able to successfully install the software, create a directory instance and associate it with DB2 database instance. Web Admin console was also up and running.

I have created a LDIF file for the DIT 'ou=users,ou=wmbv7,o=ibm,c=us' as shown below

[# IBM Directory Server sample LDIF file
#
# The suffix "c=us" should be defined before attempting to load
# this data.

version: 1

dn: c=us
objectclass: top
objectclass: country
c: us

dn: o=ibm, c=us
objectclass: organization
o: ibm

dn: ou=wmbv7, o=ibm, c=us
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: wmbv7

dn: ou=users, ou=wmbv7, o=ibm, c=us
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: users]

I had imported the LDIF file successfully, restarted the directory server instance and was able to see the suffix in web admin tool.

The problem comes when i try to add an entry(create a user) with the above mentioned DN(ou=users, ou=wmbv7, o=ibm, c=us). When i try to add a user 'wmbusr' with objectclass as inetOrgPerson and select the parent DN and assign attributes uid and userpassword and click finish, an error was being thrown as 'GLPWDM077E' : Incorrect DN entry. Specify a valid DN.

Parent DN selected was ou=users,ou=wmbv7,o=ibm,c=us.

I wasn't able to figure out what needs to be done to eliminate this error. Could anyone please help or point me in the correct direction to resolve the issue?[/code]
srikanth1986
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Moderators,

Could you please help move this post to the appropriate forum where I could get some guidance. Since IBM TDS doesn't fall under various groups classified in the forum, i have posted the query in general discussion.

Thanks,
Srikanth.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

srikanth1986 wrote:
IBM TDS doesn't fall under various groups classified in the forum

It's not likely you'll get any answers here.

I don't even know what "TDS" means. Tivoli Directory Service?

You should look for a developerworks community that covers this product, or review the documentation on TDS a few more times, or use a search engine to find a better place to ask questions or even find an answer.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
I don't even know what "TDS" means. Tivoli Directory Service?

I guess so from the LDAP reference.

mqjeff wrote:
You should look for a developerworks community that covers this product, or review the documentation on TDS a few more times, or use a search engine to find a better place to ask questions or even find an answer.

The majority of people in here will experience any LDAP system as a pre-configured entity operated by a different area of the organization. There might be a LDAP admin in here somewhere, but you're much more likely to get a hit from the kind of community my most worthy associate mentions.
srikanth1986
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion Vitor and Mqjeff. Yes, the query was indeed related to Tivoli directory server.

I will post the query in developerworks forum to get further guidance.

@mqjeff : I did go through the product documentation, it doesn't give me any additional info than the one that was displayed in the Web admin console when i try to add the user.

Will update the post if i get a solution. Thanks.

Regards,
Srikanth.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Need help in creating directory tree structure in IBM TDS v6
Jump to: