ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity
 
  MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups
 
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages
 
RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexIBM MQ Java / JMSDead Letter queue issue

Post new topicReply to topic
Dead Letter queue issue View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
ramadurga.mq
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:21 pm Post subject: Dead Letter queue issue Reply with quote

Newbie

Joined: 08 Aug 2016
Posts: 4

Dear all,
Application team sending a message to MQ. some times reply msg is going asusaul but some times it is getting failed like unable to send response back, the failed messages are going into dead letter queue.

I have checked the below conditions whether anything falls into this category.
The destination queue is full.
The destination queue does not exist.
Message puts have been inhibited on the destination queue.
The sender is not authorized to use the destination queue.
The message is too large.

i have checked the above conditions but the message not under above categories.

i am using mq version

Name: WebSphere MQ
Version: 6.0.2.0
CMVC level: p600-200-060921
BuildType: IKAP - (Production)

===

Kindly help me why some messages are sending back with out any issue
and some messagere are going into dead letter queue.

Thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smdavies99
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Joined: 10 Feb 2003
Posts: 6077
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

firstly, you are using a version of MQ that went out of support more than 3 years ago. I do hope you have an upgrade plan in place.

Now down to your problem

Have you looked at the messages on the DLQ with a tool like RFHUTIL?
This has a tab for DLQ.
You don't say what the DLQ reason was that was not in the list? Well? Please tell us. IT is a little difficult to help without knowing all the details.
_________________
WMQ User since 1999
MQSI/WBI/WMB/'Thingy' User since 2002
Linux user since 1995

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramadurga.mq
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie

Joined: 08 Aug 2016
Posts: 4

Thanks for your reply.
we dont have RFHUTIL tool to check that. and dont have access to install those utilities. could you please help me how can i check the error code with out that tool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

Joined: 18 Nov 2003
Posts: 19246
Location: LI,NY

Well it gets a little bit more complicated. If the SDK was installed you should find in the samples a program called amqsbcg. Run it with args DLQ QMGR and see it browse the DLQ. You will have to figure out where the Reason Code is and see it in hex in the output.

Have fun
_________________
MQ & Broker admin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Joined: 10 Feb 2003
Posts: 6077
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

ramadurga.mq wrote:
Thanks for your reply.
we dont have RFHUTIL tool to check that. and dont have access to install those utilities. could you please help me how can i check the error code with out that tool.


You do have access to it. Search for support pack IH03. download the support pack, unzip it and you are done.
There is a client version of the application. You run it as a standalone programe. No install required.

You have not answered the second part of my post. What is the reason code for the message to end up on the DLQ? If you say it isn't in that list then what is it?
_________________
WMQ User since 1999
MQSI/WBI/WMB/'Thingy' User since 2002
Linux user since 1995

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramadurga.mq
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie

Joined: 08 Aug 2016
Posts: 4

reason code :2033
The interface team getting the below error
Target Connection Error : The get call timed out before receiving any messages (Reason Code 2033).

We are unable to send the message since message is going to our dead letter queue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Joined: 10 Feb 2003
Posts: 6077
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

2033 means what then? Did you look it up?

the mqrc utility can help

mqrc 2033

To save you the trouble, 2033 means 'No message to read'.

Sounds like you are not waiting long enough for a response.
Try increasing the read timeout and see what happens?
If no message ever comes back you need to see why this is. It might not be an application problem.

If a message did get written to the queue before your app timed out perhaps the selectino criteria on the message was wrong?
Perhaps the message while written to the queue had not been committed.

Perhaps it might be better to have a Backout Queue defined for the input queue for your application.
IMHO, writing to the DLQ is a measure of last resort. This appears not to be a last resort problem.
_________________
WMQ User since 1999
MQSI/WBI/WMB/'Thingy' User since 2002
Linux user since 1995

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramadurga.mq
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie

Joined: 08 Aug 2016
Posts: 4

Thanks for your reply.
i have checked this mqrc 2033

2033 0x000007f1 MQRC_NO_MSG_AVAILABLE

this error getting at interface side bcoz they are waiting for the response from my side.

the response is not going bcoz the request message alone(not response message) is directly going into my application dead letter queue.

Some of the messages posted by the application we are able to process and sent back but some of the messages are directly coming into our dead letter queue and those are unable to process and sent back to them.

Requesting your help..why some of the messages are processing and some of the message are not processing.

i have restarted queue channel, que manager, queue and our application
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Joined: 11 Nov 2005
Posts: 24448
Location: Ohio, USA

ramadurga.mq wrote:
the response is not going bcoz the request message alone(not response message) is directly going into my application dead letter queue.


Now let's be clear on terms here, because you're mixing stuff up. Do you mean:

- the request message is going to the queue manager's dead letter queue
- the request message is going to the backout queue associated with the application
- the application puts failed messages on the queue manager's dead letter queue

If it's the third one, shame on you and fix your design.

ramadurga.mq wrote:
Some of the messages posted by the application we are able to process and sent back but some of the messages are directly coming into our dead letter queue and those are unable to process and sent back to them.


IF the messages being posted are going to the dead letter queue (as I define it above) then the problem is that they're being misaddressed by the posting application. When you say that you see a 2033 error is that in the error log of the posting application (which I suspect to be true and is no help) or is that the error in the dead letter header of the message on your dead letter queue (which you were told to look up and is the one you need to fix this problem).

ramadurga.mq wrote:
Requesting your help..why some of the messages are processing and some of the message are not processing.


Because there's something wrong and potentially it's not at your end. You need to actually think about the problem and work at fixing it. Rather than...

ramadurga.mq wrote:
i have restarted queue channel, que manager, queue and our application


...just restarting everything you can think of in the hope that the magic will come back.

It's also highly plausible that you've hit a bug in your very, very , very old and unsupported version of MQ and there's nothing you can do about it except upgrade MQ.
_________________
Honesty is the best policy.
Insanity is the best defence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smdavies99
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Joined: 10 Feb 2003
Posts: 6077
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

There is no simple soultion to this problem unless you are very lucky.

As my colleague has described you need to think about the whole chain of events.

Draw a big diagram of the whole flow. Think how you can put some non destructive trace points into the flow of data around your system.

It might be that you are not experienced enough to find the problem on your own. Don't be afraid of asking for more help. A problem shared etc.

We (the unknown strangers on the internet) can only do so much.
_________________
WMQ User since 1999
MQSI/WBI/WMB/'Thingy' User since 2002
Linux user since 1995

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Joined: 25 Mar 2003
Posts: 1700
Location: Melbourne, Australia

ramadurga.mq wrote:
reason code :2033
The interface team getting the below error
Target Connection Error : The get call timed out before receiving any messages (Reason Code 2033).
We are unable to send the message since message is going to our dead letter queue

You need to check the Reason Code in the msgs on the DLQ.
Is the app using dynamic queues for replies? If so, the DLQ Reason Code will probably be 2085 unknown object name.
The most likely scenario is that the consuming app has given up waiting for the reply message, and then deleted the dyn queue. The producer app is on a different qmgr and has eventually successfully put the reply message, but the reply queue is gone.
A simple solution could be to increase the WaitInterval in the consuming app, but there may be an underlying cause for slow replies that needs to be investigated.
_________________
Glenn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

Joined: 18 Nov 2003
Posts: 19246
Location: LI,NY

Or simply the requesting app forgetting to commit the request before waiting on the response...
_________________
MQ & Broker admin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JosephGramig
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Joined: 09 Feb 2006
Posts: 1168
Location: Derby City, USA

From your description, it sounds like you are at the service end of a request/reply scenario. You say some of the request get processed and some go straight to the DLQ. If they do go straight to the DLQ then the MCA is putting them there for some reason and the reason is in the Dead Letter Header. You will go nowhere until you can read the message in the DLQ. As has been pointed out, using IH03's RfhUtil or RfhUtilc to browse this message will be very helpful.

BTW, this is a basic MQ question and not a MQ Java question...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:
Post new topicReply to topic Page 1 of 1

MQSeries.net Forum IndexIBM MQ Java / JMSDead Letter queue issue
Jump to:



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP


Theme by Dustin Baccetti
Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Copyright MQSeries.net. All rights reserved.