ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Timer Node Issues in IIB 10

Timer Node Issues in IIB 10 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mayheminMQ
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Timer Node Issues in IIB 10 Reply with quote

Voyager

Flow: TimeoutNotification(ID:StartNotif)-->ComputeNode1 where I build a timeoutcontrol request XMLNSC msg with ID:ControlNotif-->TimeoutControlNode(ID:CtrlNotif)(Req location:InputRoot.XMLNSC.TimeoutRequest)

TimeoutNotification(ID:CtrlNotif)-->ComputeNode2-->blah blah blah

During a long session of debugging, suddenly noticed my flow is throwing an error "Structure id mismatch at offset" at the failure terminal in TimeoutNotification node(ID:CtrlNotif). The preceding details in the same exception tree contained MQMD Null Buffer.

I have the following 2 statements in ComputeNode1 to build my tiny MQMD as TimeoutControl node requires it.

Code:
SET OutputRoot.MQMD.Version = MQMD_CURRENT_VERSION; 
      SET OutputRoot.MQMD.Format = MQFMT_STRING;

My TimeoutReq created in the computenode1 is given below:
Code:
SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.TimeoutRequest.Action = 'SET';
      SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.TimeoutRequest.Identifier = 'CtrlTimer';
      IF CURRENT_TIME BETWEEN '06:00:00' AND '23:00:00' THEN
         SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.TimeoutRequest.StartDate = CURRENT_DATE ;
         SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.TimeoutRequest.StartTime = CURRENT_TIME ;
      ELSE
         SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.TimeoutRequest.StartDate =  CURRENT_DATE  + INTERVAL '1' DAY;
         SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.TimeoutRequest.StartTime = CAST('06:00:00' AS TIME FORMAT 'HH:mm:ss');
      END IF;

SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.TimeoutRequest.Interval = 3600;   -- repeat every HOUR specified in seconds
      SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.TimeoutRequest.Count = -1;   -- forever
      SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.TimeoutRequest.IgnoreMissed = TRUE;   -- ignore timeouts missed while flow was stopped

I did read that the error code and message means one of the fields expecting INT has got a char or vice versa.. I have checked all my datatypes and they are correct.

Been scratching my head since morning and it is time to reveal this peculiar case to the wider world for guidance.

Update: Tried with 2 formats of data had string for both StartDate and StartTime and again with DATEformat for StartDate and Timeformat for StartTime. Both trials gave me the same error so am gonna conclude it is not due to those fields.
adubya
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Code:

ELSE
         SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.TimeoutRequest.StartDate =  CURRENT_DATE  + INTERVAL '1' DAY;
         SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.TimeoutRequest.StartTime = CAST('06:00:00' AS TIME FORMAT 'HH:mm:ss');
      END IF;

Are those StartDate/StartTime assignments going to work without a CAST + format string ? The infocenter specifies that the StartDate must be in "yyyy-mm-dd" format + StartTime in "hh:mm:ss" format.

Try adding a CAST with FORMAT clause to align the date/time formats.
mpong
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

can you add the below line.

SET OutputRoot.MQMD.StrucId = MQMD_STRUC_ID;
smdavies99
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

I also get the feeling that this
Code:

ELSE
      END IF;

Won't detect the time correctly.
Just to be sure I'd change the code to look like
Code:

IF CAST(CURRENT_TIME as char format 'HH:mm:ss') BETWEEN '06:00:00' AND '23:00:00' THEN
      ELSE
      END IF;

Not tested or verified but....

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
mayheminMQ
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Quote:
Are those StartDate/StartTime assignments going to work without a CAST + format string ? The infocenter specifies that the StartDate must be in "yyyy-mm-dd" format + StartTime in "hh:mm:ss" format.

I tried with both the cast and format and got the same error. I also tried the NOW and TODAY keywords which threw the same error.

I will try the MQMD_STRUC_ID and will let you know.

@smdavies99 : The time check part works when I tested it for both conditions. I will change according to your suggestion and will see if that makes a difference.

It will be a while before I report my results as I changed the design for delivery.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Timer Node Issues in IIB 10
Jump to: