ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Connect Direct Output snode userid and password

Connect Direct Output snode userid and password « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
InTheWild
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Connect Direct Output snode userid and password Reply with quote

I am trying to use the CDOutput node to do a file transfer over Connect Direct. I am not able to specify the snode user id and password anywhere on the node itself, and looking at IBM documentation on Using local environment variables with file node:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac55410_.htm
There is no place to specify the snode user and password in ESQL either.

In our case, because there is a C : D user proxy setup on the SNODE, hence a SNODE userid and password must be supplied.
I have tried using the userid password set through the command: mqsisetdbparms IB9NODE -n cd::default -u username -p password
That however is the userid and password used to connect to the PNODE C : D server, even when it is the same as the SNODE user proxy userid and password, the file transfer would still fail with a logon error.

Does anyone know where in IIB I can set this SNODE user id and password?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Wouldn't that be done in the definition of the transfer?
InTheWild
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the prompt reply, we are quite stuck with this issue.

Do you mean when defining a process in C : D, if so, how do you call a C : D process from IIB?

The only linkage between IIB and C : D server for file transfer seems to be the SNODE property in CDOutput node, we define the SNODE in Netmap on the Primary C Server, however that does not give us any option to set the userid and password.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

InTheWild wrote:
Thank you for the prompt reply, we are quite stuck with this issue.

Do you mean when defining a process in C : D, if so, how do you call a C : D process from IIB?

The only linkage between IIB and C : D server for file transfer seems to be the SNODE property in CDOutput node, we define the SNODE in Netmap on the Primary C Server, however that does not give us any option to set the userid and password.

That would be defined in the process. So you need to call the process with the correct file name. If memory serves well it could also be mapped on the receiving side...
nelson
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Connect Direct Output snode userid and password Reply with quote

Partisan

InTheWild wrote:
I am trying to use the CDOutput node to do a file transfer over Connect Direct. I am not able to specify the snode user id and password anywhere on the node itself, and looking at IBM documentation on Using local environment variables with file node:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac55410_.htm
There is no place to specify the snode user and password in ESQL either.

In our case, because there is a C : D user proxy setup on the SNODE, hence a SNODE userid and password must be supplied.
I have tried using the userid password set through the command: mqsisetdbparms IB9NODE -n cd::default -u username -p password
That however is the userid and password used to connect to the PNODE C : D server, even when it is the same as the SNODE user proxy userid and password, the file transfer would still fail with a logon error.

Does anyone know where in IIB I can set this SNODE user id and password?

Hi,

As you say you provide credentials to connect to the PNODE through a configurable service, that's how IIB communicates and submit a process to the CD Server.

The credential exchange between the PNODE and the SNODE should be done by the CD Proxies, previously reconfigured; totally apart from IIB.

We haven't used a process, so the broker generates it. I assume that you could write your own process and hard code the snode user and password. What you should investigate is how is to pass parameters to the process.

In my opinion the credential administration should be within CD Proxies and CD Functional Authorities; IIB is just submitting a process to the PNODE.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Connect Direct Output snode userid and password
Jump to: