ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Security monitoring for MQ

Security monitoring for MQ « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
pkozowicz
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Security monitoring for MQ Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I`m looking for a tool for security/configuration monitoring for MQ. I did some research but nothing that I found really fullfil my needs. I don`t want a big, complicated and expensive software. I`m looking for something that can i.e extract event messages from event queues from different queue mangers and store them in one database. Then I could easily check what changes were made to queue managers and maybe pass this information to our security event management system.

Have any of you come accross such software?

Regards,
Peter
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You'll probably have to write your own. Particularly since "a database" is such a variably defined notion.

Start with the http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_8.0.0/com.ibm.mq.mon.doc/q036590_.htm

Then make use of whatever programming language you prefer, and the MQ API support that comes with it, to replicate the event message processing.

You might also find something to use here: https://github.com/ibm-messaging
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Do these event messages absolutely have to live on a database? They are, after all, messages. Could they not just live on a queue ?

MQ will easily allow you to redirect the event messages to a central queue. All you would need then, perhaps, is an application which allows you to process them, perhaps do some further filtering and store them to a 'holding' queue. This holding queue could be 'trimmed' every so often so that only the last 3 months (or whatever) of messages were kept. All you would need now is an application which allowed you to browse and search these event messages.

You could do all of this with MO71 (http://www.mqgem.com/mo71.html) which is a very reasonably priced admin tool (not big, complicated and expensive at all). If you would like to try it out for a month then send an email to support@mqgem.com

Cheers,

Paul.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Security monitoring for MQ
Jump to: