ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Result file to a FTP Server other than the source FTP

Result file to a FTP Server other than the source FTP « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
nelson
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Result file to a FTP Server other than the source FTP Reply with quote

Partisan

Hi all,

I have a Multi-Protocol Gateway, with a FTP Poller Front Side Handler. It reads a file from a FTP Server, transforms the content and generates a result file with different name, in the same directory. This is working fine.

Is there any way to store this file into another FTP Server different from source FTP Server? Field "Result File Name Pattern" doesn't allow remote directory in the form: ftp://x.x.x.x:21/target/

Any hint?

Thanks in advance
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Result file to a FTP Server other than the source FTP Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

nelson wrote:
Hi all,

I have a Multi-Protocol Gateway, with a FTP Poller Front Side Handler. It reads a file from a FTP Server, transforms the content and generates a result file with different name, in the same directory. This is working fine.

Is there any way to store this file into another FTP Server different from source FTP Server? Field "Result File Name Pattern" doesn't allow remote directory in the form: ftp://x.x.x.x:21/target/

Any hint?

Thanks in advance

When you define your Multi-Protocol Gateway, don't you define each ftp destination / source individually? As such all you'd have to do is use the correct place holder for the correct destination, namely the one you defined... right? What you seem to be attempting is to send the file to a rogue / undefined ftp host. I doubt very much datapower would allow you that...
nelson
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Result file to a FTP Server other than the source FTP Reply with quote

Partisan

fjb_saper wrote:
nelson wrote:
Hi all,

Any hint?

Thanks in advance

When you define your Multi-Protocol Gateway, don't you define each ftp destination / source individually? As such all you'd have to do is use the correct place holder for the correct destination, namely the one you defined... right? What you seem to be attempting is to send the file to a rogue / undefined ftp host. I doubt very much datapower would allow you that...

Well... you only define the Target Directory within the FTP Poller Front Side Handler in this way: ftp://x.x.x.x:21/source/. The front side handler is designed to place the result file in the same server.. So I was wondering how to "redirect" this file to another FTP Server. I'm thinking of using the "Default Backend URL" to send the file, but, not sure of how to handle the "Result File Name Pattern".
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Looking that you have a backend url for the destination, does this backend url involve the filename or just the path? I'd say you build the filename like before and then look at how to pass it to your backend handler...
nelson
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

fjb_saper wrote:
Looking that you have a backend url for the destination, does this backend url involve the filename or just the path? I'd say you build the filename like before and then look at how to pass it to your backend handler...

I'll try dynamic URL backend. Thanks for your help!
mayheminMQ
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi Nelson,

Dynamic Backend URL is the way to go.

Taking FTP/SFTP FSH as example:

Front side handler is only for front side of things i.e for picking a file to initiate It does not naturally control what should happen to the file once picked. All activities post validating and verifying the initial connection and file pickup happens later and with other objects.

One of the best practices is to have a file where you store a keyword:endpoint pair and use the keyword in transform function within a policy. This way you get flexibility on end points as well. Once you pick the required endpoint, add that to the URL out system variable and set the Route function to look at that particular variable. There are definitely some examples out there if you search in google for your scenario. Let me know if you dont find any and Ill try and share what I have later.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Result file to a FTP Server other than the source FTP
Jump to: