ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » MQIPT multiple instances

MQIPT multiple instances « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
MQ_Lover
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject: MQIPT multiple instances Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi Experts,

I have a question regarding use of MQIPT multiple instances.

How do we configure multiple instances of MQIPT on windows for example MQIPT1 for one client and MQIPT2 for other client so they can run simultaneously. As you can configure only one installation as Windows service that limits from having another instance running all the time, as the only option you have is to start the other from command prompt and then when you close the command prompt the instance stops.

May be I haven't understood it clearly but the MQIPT docs doesn't says much on this.

My simple requirement is configure two instances one for each client and they run all time independent of each other.

Thanks
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: MQIPT multiple instances Reply with quote

Grand Master

MQ_Lover wrote:
My simple requirement is configure two instances one for each client and they run all time independent of each other.

Thanks

I don't know a lot about MQIPT, but that doesn't seem to be necessary from what little I do know.

One instance of MQIPT should be able to act as a router and secure endpoint for all incoming clients, and ensure that they don't have access to each other's resources...

And I'd be surprised if IPT didn't let you listen on different IP/port combinations...
rammer
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: MQIPT multiple instances Reply with quote

Partisan

MQ_Lover wrote:
Hi Experts,

How do we configure multiple instances of MQIPT on windows for example MQIPT1 for one client and MQIPT2 for other client

Thanks

Is there a real requirement for more than one MQIPT Server? We are only running one and have maybe 80+ clients coming in all with their own dedicated ports and locked down with SSL etc.
MQ_Lover
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi rammer and mqjeff,

We need to separate out each client configuration so when we make a change to one mqiptconf and mqiptpolicy we don't touch or affect the other clients, avoid human errors, do appreciate what you say works fine but to make things simple and easy we want to separate them out.

Thanks
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I don't know under what conditions MQIPT will reset existing connections.

But the answer for 'human error' is 'scripting and change control'.

Every change you make to any system should be scripted.
rammer
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

In terms of Windows I dont have a specific answer as my installations are on Linux. When I was testing on Linux I started each instance via a script with it running in the background, can you do similar on Windows?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » MQIPT multiple instances
Jump to: