ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » IIB MQ Clustering and Load balance Implmnt - Suggestions plz

IIB MQ Clustering and Load balance Implmnt - Suggestions plz « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mail2me.venky
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: IIB MQ Clustering and Load balance Implmnt - Suggestions plz Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi Experts,

In Production we have 2 AIX servers(Active and Failover). Active server is built with 8 CPUs and Failover is built with 4 CPUs.Both the servers sharing same Queue manager and Broker.ie. we have only one PROD QM and BRKR.
To meet message processing rate, we have manipulating instances whenever required in each flows.However as the business data load is keeping on increasing day by day and our broker applications utilize 80-90% CPUs during normal business days. To avoid high CPU usage , we may likely to add 4 more CPUs in Active server near future.Is this good approach of adding CPUs Further and highly relaying on only one QMgr in PROD.? Advice please....

Next if we decided to implement load balancing along with MQ clustering, how we have to approach that process?

1. Build the Failover server with additional 4 CPUs. Creating QM2 and BRKR2, deploying all flows in this BRKR2. Thereby making it active-active concept. Advice me with merits and demerits ?

Any idea from your end, I appreciate....
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Lots of discussion here previously.
mail2me.venky
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Can you please share the links where this type of case was discussed already ..
exerk
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

mail2me.venky wrote:
Can you please share the links where this type of case was discussed already ..

There's a search bar at the top of the page - try searching on "active + active + broker"...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » IIB MQ Clustering and Load balance Implmnt - Suggestions plz
Jump to: