ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Issue while connecting to SFTP Server by Key Exchange

Issue while connecting to SFTP Server by Key Exchange « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
sourdas2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Issue while connecting to SFTP Server by Key Exchange Reply with quote

Voyager

Hello,

I am running WMB 7.0 under AIX user "brkadm". The public key of "brkadm" is imported into a sftp host "sftphostname1" under user "sftpuser1". From AIX command, I can successfully connect to sftphostname1 as follows:

Code:

bash-4.2$ sudo su - brkadm
[YOU HAVE NEW MAIL]

MQSI 7.0.0.0
/usr/opt/mqsi7

$ bash
bash-4.2$ sftp sftpuser1@sftphostname1
You are entering into a secured area.
This service is restricted to authorized users only. All activities on this system are logged.
Unauthorized access will be fully investigated and reported to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.
Connected to sftphostname1.
sftp>

I have created the following config service and security identity in Broker to connect to the sftp host.

Code:

mqsisetdbparms BrokerName -n sftp::SSH_SFTPUSER -u sftpuser1 -i /home/brkadm/.ssh/id_rsa

mqsicreateconfigurableservice BrokerName -c FtpServer -o MyConfig1 -n protocol,remoteDirectory,securityIdentity,serverName -v SFTP,/Path/INXXXX,SSH_SFTPUSER,sftphostname1

But message broker is throwing the following exception while connecting the sftp host. Please suggest if I have missed anything.

Code:

BIP3380E: File node 'FileInput' in message flow could not connect to remote 'SFTP' server 'sftphostname1'. Reason: 'MAC or CIPHER not supported by the server.'

joebuckeye
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

What CIPHER and MAC values do the server support?

Which of these values does a 7.0 broker support?

7.0 is old enough that plenty has changed in this space since it was current.

Hopefully 7.0 can support what the server is using now.

Also, what is the result of your AIX command line call without calling bash first? Not sure the broker does this before initiating the sftp call.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Issue while connecting to SFTP Server by Key Exchange
Jump to: