ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » Password protection issue when connect to MQ8 on z/OS

Password protection issue when connect to MQ8 on z/OS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
teetawatchai
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Password protection issue when connect to MQ8 on z/OS Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm kind of newbie in MQ and z/OS and I have a project of Installing MQ8 Client in distribute system (Linux and Windows) to connect to MQ8 Server on z/OS system.

I tried to connect to MQ8 z/OS from MQClient on windows 7. After I installed the MQClient, I specified MQSERVER using set MQSERVER command and ran sample program amqsputc to put data to the queue.

Unfortunately, it return "MQCONNX ended with reason code 2594" in the Windows side and also in z/os side it return "+CSQX296E +MQS1CPF CSQXRESP Password protection negotiation failed for 682".

I did some research about the password protection on various website.
It said that password protection will active when SSL/TLS is not use. But the things is my client don't have ICSF on z/OS. So it will automatically use password protection feature to connect the MQServer.

I could not find any resource to explain how to use with password protection feature or how to disable this feature.

Did I miss something?, please advice me.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regard
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Have a look at THIS link, and also THIS one, both of which deal with your 'problem' and give you a starting point to resolve it.
teetawatchai
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you exerk for your response.

From your links I found out that my case maybe my connection is from client version 8 connect to Server version 8 and the connection fails with error 2594. Maybe it error because client side set the PasswordProtection attribute to Always.

So I tried to change PasswordProtection attribute to optional mode from the client side in the Windows by creating mqclient.ini in my MQ Client directory and put following data to this file.

CHANNELS:
DefRecon=YES
ServerConnectionParms=CHAN1/TCP/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(xxxx)
PasswordProtection=optional

However, after I restart my laptop and tried to put data using amqsputc again, it show the same return "MQCONNX ended with reason code 2594".

Could you please suggest me how to set the PasswordProtection attribute in MQClient (or Server)?

Thank you in advance

Best Regard
exerk
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

teetawatchai wrote:
However, after I restart my laptop...

Why? It's MQ Client, changes occur at run time.

teetawatchai wrote:
...and tried to put data using amqsputc again, it show the same return "MQCONNX ended with reason code 2594".

You changed the Client end but what about the server end, which may still be expecting a username and password to be flowed?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » Password protection issue when connect to MQ8 on z/OS
Jump to: