ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » how to emit namespace independent fields to Business Monitor

how to emit namespace independent fields to Business Monitor « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
harish_td
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: how to emit namespace independent fields to Business Monitor Reply with quote

Master

Hello Experts,

I am trying to emit a XML field (numDigits) to the Business Monitor v8.5.6 from a IIB v9.0.0.4. My XML looks like the following -

Code:
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:com="http://com.itso" xmlns:v1="http://com.ibm/xml/schemas/v1_0/>
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <com:getPrime>
         <v1:numDigits>3</v1:numDigits>
      </com:getPrime>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

I have tried to use the following XPath
Code:
/*[local-name()='Envelope']/*[local-name()='Body']/*[local-name()='getPrime']/*[local-name()='numDigits']

in the Data location setting of the monitoring tab to emit events. But no luck so far. Can you please guide me on how to emit namespace independent fields?

Thanks,
Harish

Last edited by harish_td on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: how to emit namespace independent fields to Business Mon Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

harish_td wrote:
Can you please guide me on how to emit namespace independent fields?

Do you mean by this that you want to obtain (and include in the monitoring message) the value of numDigits irrespective of the namespace in which the parent getPrime tag resides?
harish_td
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: how to emit namespace independent fields to Business Mon Reply with quote

Master

Vitor wrote:

Do you mean by this that you want to obtain (and include in the monitoring message) the value of numDigits irrespective of the namespace in which the parent getPrime tag resides?

Yes. That's what I am trying to achieve.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: how to emit namespace independent fields to Business Mon Reply with quote

Grand Master

harish_td wrote:
Vitor wrote:

Yes. That's what I am trying to achieve.

That's not what your XML document says.

It says that numDigits has the same namespace as it's parent - "xmlns:com="http://com.itso""
harish_td
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: how to emit namespace independent fields to Business Mon Reply with quote

Master

mqjeff wrote:

That's not what your XML document says.

It says that numDigits has the same namespace as it's parent - "xmlns:com="http://com.itso""

Copy-paste error. I have now edited the sample message to be more reflective of what I am trying to achieve.

Actually, the namespaces that we will encounter in run-time could be different for each of the tags. So I am trying to emit the payload field regardless of which namespace, the parent or the child is buried within.

In fact the moment, I enter local-name() in the XPath editor, I am prompted with the following error.

Code:
The local-name XPath function in the $Root/XMLNSC/*[local-name()='Envelope']/*[local-name()='Body']/*[local-name()='getPrime']/*[local-name()='numDigits']] Xpath is not supported
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

In ESQL you can say something like "*:fieldname" to indicate that you don't care what the (incoming tree) namespace is.

I'd guess there's someway to do this in Xpath, but I'm not sure.
timber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You might want to check what the info center says about the 'XPath' syntax used in monitoring events. I seem to remember that predicates ( the boolean expressions within the [] ) are not allowed. So this XPath would not be valid for a monitoring event data location:
Code:
/*[local-name()='Envelope']/*[local-name()='Body']/*[local-name()='getPrime']/*[local-name()='numDigits']

But don't take my word for it - my memory may be faulty.
harish_td
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

You are right Tim. Although the snippet conforms to XPath 1.0 and can retrieve the field in a standalone XSL file, it seems to upset the monitoring event component.

The only option i see is to pass the whole bitstream and then process only the fields that are to be tracked. This just shifts the complexity to the design of the monitor model. And then we have the issue of parsing, transmitting of a lot of data that is meant to be discarded.

Can you propose any other way forward?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You could parse the message in the compute/java/mapping node or whatever into the data you want for the monitoring event, and then send it to a separate terminal.
timber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I agree - just what I was going to suggest
Gemz
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,

We use below XPath in monitoring profile xmls to extract required value.

Can you check whether it gives what you need ?

Code:
$Root//*[local-name() = 'getPrime']/*[local-name() = 'numDigits']

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » how to emit namespace independent fields to Business Monitor
Jump to: