ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Changing the CONNAME for a CLUSRCVR channel

Changing the CONNAME for a CLUSRCVR channel « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
foopy
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Changing the CONNAME for a CLUSRCVR channel Reply with quote

I need to change the CONNAME for a couple of CLUSRCVR channels due to IP address changes being implemented. Forgive me if this is posted here already, for the life of me I can't find it. I will not have time to wait for the DISCINT for the channels to expire, we'll be in a tight window. Do I need to SUSPEND the queue managers from the cluster before I do the ALTER and then REFRESH the cluster? Or can I simply stop the CLUSRCVR channels, do the ALTER, then restart them?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Neither. For something like changing the IP you might even have to reset the sequence number.

This is why it is better to keep the DNS name. This way the change of IP is transparent and only affects the TCP/IP layer.

Now being as it may, you will have to
  1. Stop the cluster receiver channel
  2. remove the cluster receiver channel from the cluster
  3. change the cluster receiver channel (conname)
  4. start the cluster receiver channel
  5. stop the cluster receiver channel
  6. add the cluster / clusternl attribute back to the cluster receiver channel
  7. start the cluster receiver channel
  8. Wait for the rest of the cluster to catch up

Have fun
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Take a look here:

Quote:
If the queue manager is staying on the same host, but the IP address is changing, then the process is as follows:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.con.doc/q004820_.htm?lang=en

This is also interesting:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.con.doc/q017420_.htm?lang=en

It shows how to set up a Queue Manager's CLUSRCVR channel without a CONNAME value at all, if your server is using DHCP and its IP address might change. That's in effect what you are dealing with, a changing IP address. I have never used this blank-CONNAME-on-a-CLUSRCVR feature.
foopy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. I agree that using DNS instead of IP addresses is preferable. I intend to go in that direction. I think it will be best to use the KC directions, especially since the quote speaks exactly to wht I need to do. Thanks.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Changing the CONNAME for a CLUSRCVR channel
Jump to: