ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Trying to find an efficent way to clear MQ Explorer config

Trying to find an efficent way to clear MQ Explorer config « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Cawdesh
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Trying to find an efficent way to clear MQ Explorer config Reply with quote

Is anyone aware of an easy way to "clear" MQ explorer's connections without having to manually remove each individual connection?

I wasn't able to find where the *xml file was being stored to try to delete it.

Thanks for any suggestions.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You mean other than deleting or switching to a different Eclipse workspace?

They're in the WMQ_Handles.xml file in the com.ibm.mq.explorer.ui plugin folder in the workspace metadata.
Cawdesh
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the guidance. I did finally have time to get back to this and I did edit the WMQ_Handles.xml file to remove the connections. Explorer still came up with all of the old connections.

Let me better explain our situation and see if that helps clarify my dilemma. We have MQ Explorer distributed to our MQ developers and have a specific client channel in the config that is secured for their use. This channel is being used for the connections to all of our queue managers. We also have a separate configuration with connections set up with our admin client channel. I'd like to easily be able to "clear" my MQ Explorer, import the development config, make any changes I may need to, then export and "clear" MQ Explorer again to reimport my admin config.

We have quite a few connections and rather than going through and removing each ne individually, I was hoping there was a quicker way. Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks for any help.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

mqjeff wrote:
You mean other than deleting or switching to a different Eclipse workspace?

mqexplorer -data ...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Trying to find an efficent way to clear MQ Explorer config
Jump to: