ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » CSQ5PQSG Verify and Migrate

CSQ5PQSG Verify and Migrate « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
arju
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:16 am    Post subject: CSQ5PQSG Verify and Migrate Reply with quote

Novice

We are migrating to 7.1 from 7.0 on ZOS 1.13.
While running CSQ5PQSG utility on ZOS for MQ we are getting error indicating two qmgrs. We are currently at 7.0 but we have 7.1 steplibs available for this function.

CSQU568E QMGR number mismatch for QMGR LD29: DB2 value=3, XCF member value=-1, CSQ_ADMIN connection value=0
CSQU568E QMGR number mismatch for QMGR QP24: DB2 value=4, XCF member value=-1, CSQ_ADMIN connection value=0

Do we need to use REMOVE function to remove these two qmgrs?
And these qmgrs are age old and we dont have any means to put them on, do we need in the end to use the FORCE function of this utility?

What happens if we dont use the migrate utility and just go ahead and use the version 7.1 libraries?
According to IBM literature, migrate function only checks the backward compatibility and does not do any migration.

Any help from experience will be most appreciated. As these are productive QMGRs and productive QSG, we can not take any risks.
elkinsc
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Do the queue managers still exist? Reply with quote

Centurion

What happened when you tried this in your test or QA environment? Which one more closely reflects your production environment? I cannot tell from your question whether the queue managers still exist and should be part of the QSG.

It is always advisable to do clean-up that is needed before trying to migrate. So if those queue managers no longer exist, they should be removed from the QSG prior to migration. If they do still exist, and should be part of the QSG, please start them at V7.0.1 and allow them to join the QSG properly.

Please see this from the Knowledge Center:
System programmer response

If the QMGR number value is -1, the entry does not exist. Use the CSQ5PQSG utility with ADD QMGR parameter to add the missing entry. If the QMGR number value is 0, it means the value has not been initialized (XCF group member and CSQ_ADMIN connection values only). Starting the QMGR will initialize the value. If QMGR number values greater than 0 mismatch, collect the items listed in the Coupling Facility problem determination guide and contact your IBM® support center.
arju
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Test environment was clean.
What is the qmgr number here from the error message? To me -1 is the xcf member value and 3 and 4 are DB2 numbers. I think the IBM message is not clear. Am i right?
Thank you very much in advance
elkinsc
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Do the queue managers still exist? Reply with quote

Centurion

I repeat my original question, are the two queue managers in question, LD29 and QP24 still exist? If so have they every been connected to the QSG?

My guess is that they have been defined to DB2, but perhaps never been altered to connect to the QSG (QSGDATA in the SYSP definition). And that your test environment does not match your production environment.
arju
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

No. These QMGRS do not exist now. They existed long a go (before i joined this company) and we dont have jcls and backup files for them. Also the display group does not show these qmgrs.
elkinsc
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:25 am    Post subject: Excellent! Reply with quote

Centurion

Upgrading is always a good opportunity to do clean-up! Before migrating, remove them from DB2 using the steps found in the Knowledge Center:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_8.0.0/com.ibm.mq.adm.doc/q022570_.htm

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » CSQ5PQSG Verify and Migrate
Jump to: