ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » BIP8015E: The component cannot be started.

BIP8015E: The component cannot be started. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rkford11
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: BIP8015E: The component cannot be started. Reply with quote

Partisan

We have installed MQ v7.5 & IIB v9.0.0.1 on Windows 7, and have been able to create Queue manager and Integration Node successfully.Queue Manager gets started fine, but when trying to start the Integration Node we are getting the following error

BIP8015E: The component cannot be started.
The command cannot start the required component.
The possible causes of this error are: insufficient user ID permissions; lack of system resources (not enough memory); the WebSphere MQ environment is not configured correctly for the user who is running the command (for example, the mqm library is missing from the user's path).

User is part of mqm & mqbrks group. User PATH varibale includes the mqm library.

Please let us know what we are missing here.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: BIP8015E: The component cannot be started. Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

rkford11 wrote:
Please let us know what we are missing here.

Is it actually mqbrkrs trying to start IIB? Does that user have the PATH set? Is mqbrkrs local to the machine?
rkford11
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: BIP8015E: The component cannot be started. Reply with quote

Partisan

Vitor wrote:

Is it actually mqbrkrs trying to start IIB? Does that user have the PATH set? Is mqbrkrs local to the machine?

Thanks Vitor, It's the user in in the mqbrkrs group that's starting the IIB and yes the user has the PATH set.
User is not local to the machine, he is part of n/w domain.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: BIP8015E: The component cannot be started. Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

rkford11 wrote:
User is not local to the machine, he is part of n/w domain.

Urgh.....that never used to work well in the old days.

Can you try it with a local id & see if that's better?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

the mqsiprofile doesn't set the mqenv.

so you need to run both mqsiprofile and setmqenv/setmqinst
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:

Read up about setting a command environment and have your setmqenv run inside the mqsiprofile... (That's the way I do it on my PC)
rkford11
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

fjb_saper wrote:
mqjeff wrote:

Read up about setting a command environment and have your setmqenv run inside the mqsiprofile... (That's the way I do it on my PC)

We have set the command environment, by including setmqenv command in the mqsiprofile. Still we are getting the same error when trying to start IIB.

mgk
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

On Windows the user ID you need to care most about is not necessarily the user ID running the CMD prompt where you run mqsistart xxx, but the Service User ID of the Broker itself. These may be the same ID, but if not, then both need to be in the mqbrkrs group. One possible "gotcha" on V9 and earlier (fixed for V10) is that if you install WMB/IIB and immediately create a new Broker to run as the installing user ID, it will not work until you log off and on again as adding a user to a group only takes effect at logon time. Using a domain userid as the Broker's service ID the should work fine, as long it is in the local mqbrkrs group. "mqm" group member ship is optional for the Service user ID, but if not present then Broker cannot create/start/stop MQ QMgrs and must have permissions to open queues etc.

I hope this gets you going. If not, are there any other messages in the EventLog before or after the one you posted? If yet, post them here...

Kind regards,
rkford11
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

mgk wrote:
On Windows the user ID you need to care most about is not necessarily the user ID running the CMD prompt where you run mqsistart xxx, but the Service User ID of the Broker itself. These may be the same ID, but if not, then both need to be in the mqbrkrs group. One possible "gotcha" on V9 and earlier (fixed for V10) is that if you install WMB/IIB and immediately create a new Broker to run as the installing user ID, it will not work until you log off and on again as adding a user to a group only takes effect at logon time. Using a domain userid as the Broker's service ID the should work fine, as long it is in the local mqbrkrs group. "mqm" group member ship is optional for the Service user ID, but if not present then Broker cannot create/start/stop MQ QMgrs and must have permissions to open queues etc.

I hope this gets you going. If not, are there any other messages in the EventLog before or after the one you posted? If yet, post them here...

Kind regards,

User Id and Broker service Id are the same and part of mqm & mqbrkrs group. Have logged off after creating the broker, then logged in and tryed to start the broker, still receiving the same error. Following messages show up on Event viewer

The IBM Integration Bus component BROKER1 service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the IBM Integration Bus component BROKER1 service to connect.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

rkford11 wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:

We have set the command environment, by including setmqenv command in the mqsiprofile. Still we are getting the same error when trying to start IIB.

Look again. Having setmqenv run inside mqsiprofile is not the same as including the command in mqsiprofile. In fact you should never change mqsiprofile. http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/an26190_.htm?cp=SSMKHH_9.0.0%2F7-0-14&lang=en
rkford11
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

fjb_saper wrote:

Look again. Having setmqenv run inside mqsiprofile is not the same as including the command in mqsiprofile. In fact you should never change mqsiprofile. http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/an26190_.htm?cp=SSMKHH_9.0.0%2F7-0-14&lang=en

Thanks fjb_saper. I have even tried starting the IIB, after running setmqenv -n Installation1, inside the mqsiprofile. still I am running into 8015E - component cannot be started issue.
mgk
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

It sounds like there is some kind of problem on your machine. Can you raise a PMR to get this resolved?

Kind regards,
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Check that your /var/mqsi file system is not full up.
rkford11
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

zpat wrote:
Check that your /var/mqsi file system is not full up.

It's not filled up.

Thanks Everyone. Looks like time to open up a PMR.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » BIP8015E: The component cannot be started.
Jump to: