ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » haregtyp unable to register WMQ

haregtyp unable to register WMQ « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
longhorn
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: haregtyp unable to register WMQ Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this error.

WMQ 7.0.1.12

I have 2 windows 2008 64 bit VMs configured. They are part of a domain and they can ping each other ok etc.

I have installed MQ 7.0.1.12 (I know it's going out of support in September...) on both nodes and have run the full validate cluster configuration task against both nodes and it passed. So I know that IPs/network, shared storage, disk arbitration etc is all fine.

When I try to run haregtyp /r to register WebSphere MQ as an MSCS resource type, I keep on getting the error:

Code:

C:\Windows\system32>haregtyp /r
An unexpected error occurred whilst registering the IBM WebSphere MQ MSCS resour
ce library with MSCS.
Usage: haregtyp /r | /u

I have rebooted the server (a few times) but still can't get rid of that error. There's no entry in the registry to contradict the error that I see. The userid I'm using is a member of mqm and the mqm group itself is a member of the domain mqm group.

Has anyone come across this?

Incidentally a couple of days prior to this, I was able to run the haregtyp cmd successfully and complete the configuration on 2 other nodes but these were 32 bit nodes. Is there something extra/different that is required in order to run the haregtyp command on a 64 bit setup? I wouldn't have thought so.....

Thanks,
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

I believe you need to be a local administrator on the box to run haregtyp.
You will need to have rights to the registry. Talk to your windows administrator...
longhorn
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I was using a local admin account.

For others who might come across this, the simple solution is that the command must not be run until after the MSCS cluster has been created!

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » haregtyp unable to register WMQ
Jump to: