ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Java script to check queue depth using data power

Java script to check queue depth using data power « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
pandeg
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: Java script to check queue depth using data power Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi, I want to use data power to connect to MQ and perform MQ operations. Please let me know if we can use java script in data power to perform all these operations.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

First comes the question: Why would you want to check queue depth from DataPower? What is the requirement behind it?
pandeg
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Requirement is browse, check queue depth, clear message and display channel status , queue manager and listener status using data power. MQ will be used as back end for data power and i want to develop a restful service at front end to display the results of all these operations for monitoring and troubleshooting purpose.
pandeg
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

I know that Data Power uses xslt and java script (latest version) programming for implementation , but not sure which one support all these operations and easy to implement.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

pandeg wrote:
Requirement is browse, check queue depth, clear message and display channel status , queue manager and listener status

Ok, that's a reasonable requirement.

pandeg wrote:
using datapower
That's not. DataPower is a security tool, not an application development environment.

Use something else.
pandeg
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

But people use it as ESB product. XI52 is integration and gateway appliance. Can we use it to implement the solution for this requirement.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

pandeg wrote:
But people use it as ESB product. XI52 is integration and gateway appliance. Can we use it to implement the solution for this requirement.

An ESB product is not the same thing as an application server.

You won't be able to use IIB for this.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

pandeg wrote:
But people use it as ESB product. XI52 is integration and gateway appliance.

And what part of that very correct statement indicates that it's also an application hosting environment?

pandeg wrote:
Can we use it to implement the solution for this requirement.

Probably. You can probably build a N A S C A R racer out of a semi. A semi is not the best thing to use as the basis for a race car, and an XI52 is not the best thing to use as the basis for an application solution.

So, put simply, you can use it but I can't think of a good reason to. "We already have a DataPower XI52" is not a good reason. I can, however, think of any number of good reasons not to use it, some of which have already been mentioned.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Translate your requirement to say that DataPower will provide the security for the app you are going to build to satisfy the requirement...
pandeg
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Thanks for explaination , but i don't want to develop an App using Data Power . I just want to use as a service to call MQ. Please refer this link http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS9H2Y_7.1.0/com.ibm.dp.doc/mq-queue-depth_metadatafunction.html. Here, Data Power is used to check queue depth. Similarly, I want to know whether it has methods to perform other MQ operations also.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

pandeg wrote:
Thanks for explaination , but i don't want to develop an App using Data Power

Yes you do.

pandeg wrote:
I just want to use as a service to call MQ.

What's calling DataPower to invoke it's service.

pandeg wrote:
Please refer this link http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS9H2Y_7.1.0/com.ibm.dp.doc/mq-queue-depth_metadatafunction.html. Here, Data Power is used to check queue depth.

That's a long way from saying DataPower has a service to check queue depth. You'd need to develop a lot of components in DataPower to package that as a "service", and I would continue to call that package an "application".

pandeg wrote:
Similarly, I want to know whether it has methods to perform other MQ operations also.

You could (by writing components) extend that metafunction for other purposes. I continue to assert that while this is possible, it's not the best (and is possibly the worst) way of achieving this end.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Java script to check queue depth using data power
Jump to: