ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Application Server » Question concerning AppServer Cluster + MQ

Question concerning AppServer Cluster + MQ « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Skalli
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Question concerning AppServer Cluster + MQ Reply with quote

Hi guys,

we have set up new WebSphere servers.
I've installed our MQ (v8.0.0.2) on a dedicated Suse Linux Enterprise.

A little bit of explanation first. We have set up two test environments.

The first environment has one WebSphere Application Server (let's call it A1), a web server (W1) and the MQ server (MQ1).

We are using this environment for sprint developments. Communication between A1 and MQ1 is working.

Now we have set up the second test environment with two WebSphere Application Servers (A2, A3) and two web servers (W2, W3).

We want to cluster both application servers (A2 and A3) and use the first WebSphere Application Server (A1) as a deployment manager for A2 and A3.

After this explanation, here is my question:
When clustering both app servers (A2+A3) and deploying our application(s) with the dmgr, do all app servers in a cluster need to know the MQ server? Or is it enough to configure the connection factory and the queues on the deployment manager?
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Moved to a more appropriate forum.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

All depends on what scope you give to the JNDI setup for the WMQ. You can give it a cell scope and you'd have to define it in each cell or a cluster scope and you define it once and when deploying a new server in the cluster the JNDI part that is in cluster scope gets deployed as well...

Now as you are not deploying the new servers but joining them to the cluster, you'd have to check that for yourself. What I'd try to do is define the connection (will have to be a client connection) in the cluster scope and deploy it to the other members in the cluster...
belchman
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

I would have QM2 and QM3 cohosted with A2 and A3 and have QM2 and QM3 be the default QMgrs.

I would then have the QCFs set to bindings, then client mode. The client connection on qcf1 will point to trhe service address of mq2 and vice versa.

By default, the qcfN will connect to the mqN that is locally hosted in bindings mode. If mqN is not reachable or unavailable, qcfN will connect to mqN+1 in client mode.
Skalli
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answers.
After getting all the servers into LDAP, I will try a few things with the scope settings.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Application Server » Question concerning AppServer Cluster + MQ
Jump to: