ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » setmqenv process, -x parm

setmqenv process, -x parm « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
belchman
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: setmqenv process, -x parm Reply with quote

Partisan

System = WASv8
WMQv8 (not primary yet)
AIX 6100-09-04-1441

We are currently migrating from MQv7.0.* to MQv8.0.* and we are doing so by having side-by-side installs.

I recently had an app that is hosted on WAS report that they could not certify against v8. The quick fix I performed was to source setmqenv into the .profile of the WAS functional account.

One of the args I had to set on the setmqenv was -x 32 because they were getting this error:

Failed: CC=2;RC=2495;AMQ8598:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Failed to load the WebSphere MQ native JNI library: 'mqjbnd'.
|
| The JVM attempted to load the platform native library 'mqjbnd',
| which was mapped to the filename: 'libmqjbnd.a'.
|
| When attempting to load the library, the JVM reported the error
| message:
| 'mqjbnd (Could not load module /opt/et/MQ/8.0/usr/mqm/java/lib64/libmqjbnd.so.
System error: Exec format error)'
|
| The JVM's bit-size is: '32'

The last line above is why I set -x 32.

My 1st question is what is -x 32 actually doing in more detail than the knowledge center posits about it?

I have a few other questions to but will pepper you in a more controlled fashion.

Thx
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I would be very surprised if it did anything other than change lib paths to point to <mqinstall>/lib instead of <mqinstall>/lib64.
belchman
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

MQJeff,

You sound like a WAS guy as well, from my readings of your posts. What would you do if on same host you had a many-2-many relationship between JVM bitness and MQServer?

Would you source to setmqenv in the setupcmdline (sp?) as opposed to in .profile?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

belchman wrote:
You sound like a WAS guy as well,

belchman wrote:
What would you do if on same host you had a many-2-many relationship between JVM bitness and MQServer?

I'd ask a WAS guy...

belchman wrote:
Would you source to setmqenv in the setupcmdline (sp?) as opposed to in .profile?

I'd make sure that the right mq env was set for the right server.

In a life two lives ago I was a WAS guy for a very short amount of time. We ran each WAS server under a separate userid. if you did that, it wouldn't matter which choice you made.

If you haven't done that, then...
belchman
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Thks mqjeff. Let me hash it out with my WAS principle (sp?) to see if he is worrying about nuthin'

The mq principle and the IHS principle just won the arg to have 1 ID for all WAS installs on a given host. Boy will he let us have it good if our argument proves a bad one. Because he has been doing 1 runtime ID for all binaries in WASv8.5.5 and he likes saying "I told ya so" <-- in case he reads this... luv ya man
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

As it's all java I would not worry too much as long as you are making a client connection. If you are making a bindings connection, you might have to add like in a path/classpath statement the java.library.path to the JVM parms...

belchman
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

saper,

It is a bindings connect and I did have to add the -k arg. -l may have worked as well but meh.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

belchman wrote:
saper,

It is a bindings connect and I did have to add the -k arg. -l may have worked as well but meh.

Usually when java only I trust that the OS environment where the JVM runs in has all the right libs and only the mq libs might not get recognized so I add on the command line
Code:
-Djava.library.path="%MQ_JAVA_INSTALL_PATH%/lib64;%path%;."
and that usually does it for me...
Now when you run WAS you have already a lot of other stuff there. Just make sure the "MQ_JAVA_INSTALL_PATH" + lib or lib64 depending on the case, takes precedence.

Have fun

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » setmqenv process, -x parm
Jump to: