ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » How to stop creating permenant dynamic queues?

How to stop creating permenant dynamic queues? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
JAMES201010
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: How to stop creating permenant dynamic queues? Reply with quote

Hi !

I am using the Java MQ API (not JMS) to connect to my local MQ 7.5 Queue Manager to pull back statistics about the queue manager, queues, and channels.

Previously, I was connecting to the queue manager with CLIENT mode but was asked to change my code to use BINDINGS mode since it's supposedly more efficient.

Since switching to BINDINGS mode, I'm now noticing that there are many 'permanent dynamic' queues being created and I'm not sure why? They seem to get created in pairs, one that has its 'Usage' defined as 'Normal' and the other that has its 'Usage' defined as 'Transmission'.

My code never puts any messages on any queues, just reads messages off the 'SYSTEM.ADMIN.STATISTICS.QUEUE' queue. I've provided an example of how I'm connecting to the queue manager and the queue below....

Code:

com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManager queueManager = new MQQueueManager(queueManagerName);

com.ibm.mq.MQQueue queue = queueManager.accessQueue(queueName, CMQC.MQOO_INQUIRE | CMQC.MQOO_BROWSE);

Any ideas on how I can continue using BINDINGS mode but suppress the creation of these permanent dynamic queues?

Thanks in advance!!
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

how do you know it's your program creating them?
JAMES201010
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my development and testing is being done and has been done on my local laptop and I've been testing this same code base for over a year using CLIENT mode and have never seen the 'permanent dynamic queues' get created until I switched the code to use BINDINGS mode.

It's very apparent that these 'permanent dynamic queues' start getting created moments after I run my code and then they stop getting created shortly after I stop running my code.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Ok, that's a good way to know that they are being created by your code.

What's the name of the dynamic queues look like?

It's really odd that there are transmission queues being created... I'm assuming your laptop queue manager isn't connected to any other queue managers.
JAMES201010
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only defined one local queue manager and I'm not connecting to anything remote, including other queue managers. The whole reason I installed MQ locally was due to lack of a testing environment.

Below are some of the names of the dynamic queues that are being created.

Transmission Queue:
AMQ.551C3D12025BB820

Non-Transmission Queue:
AMQ.551C3D12045BB820

Transmission Queue:
AMQ.551C3D120757B820

Non-Transmission Queue:
AMQ.551C3D120957B820

I wonder if the default constructor of the MQQueueManager class has some default connection properties that might be causing this?

BTW, I can kill my internet/network connection on my laptop and re-create the same issue when in BINDINGS mode. I'm running the trial version of Websphere MQ 7.5 for Windows 64bit (laptop running Win 7 Pro 64)
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Are you sure that you're not doing anything in the pub/sub space with scope all?
JAMES201010
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a PCFMessageAgent to inquire for info on queues and channels but not for topics.

Other than that, I'm just reading the messages off the stats queue.

I am pulling info using the PCFMessageAgent for all the queues for the queue manager, including the system queues, I wonder if hitting the system queues could be causing the issue?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Are you creating a new PCF agent for each queue you're reading from?

Are you otherwise not reusing the objects you've created?

Do you experience the same problems if you use the PCF samples?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

When reading off a queue like the statistics queue, how are you creating the PcfMessage?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » How to stop creating permenant dynamic queues?
Jump to: