ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » application isolation

application isolation « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
paustin_ours
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: application isolation Reply with quote

Yatiri

We have an application that consits of about 10 message flows. Now a data critical application wants complete isolation of the application. Does it make sense to the deploy each of those 10 mesage flows on a particular execution group and create a process flow specific application?

from a desing perspective does it make sense to have a sperate flow like this? It kind of defeats the whole hub and spoke architecture of message broker in my opinion. Does it make sense to do something like this?

there may be many more of such requests in future and we might end up with a seperate process flow for each one of them vs having a shared app in the broker that acts as a service. Please share your thoughts.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

If the application consists of 10 flows, do they want the 10 flows isolated or the application?

What exactly do they mean by "isolation"? What is the exact requirement and have you determined that it's not the project manager or sponsor puffing up to demonstrate that they're so important they need splendid isolation? Do they want to be isolated because they want dedicated CPU and other machine resources to meet tight SLAs? Do they want to be isolated because their critical data can't be left in a machine with "normal" administrators but has "special" administrators?* Do they want to be isolated because they're worried that the RAM might leak and their data will slosh into other applications? **

If, for example, they're worried about data isolation or administration then putting them in different execution groups won't help. If they're worried about resources it will. Define your requirements.

*(That's not intended as sarcastic - I was for real barred by one company from administering certain brokers because I wasn't a US citizen. It's a thing).

**(That is intended to be sarcastic - I can only hold out so long)
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Vitor wrote:
*(That's not intended as sarcastic - I was for real barred by one company from administering certain brokers because I wasn't a US citizen. It's a thing).

They should at least trust people from the "five eyes" countries!

But in your case I would recommend extraordinary rendition.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

zpat wrote:
Vitor wrote:

They should at least trust people from the "five eyes" countries!

Straight up - they provided services for corporate customers (database, WMQ, WMB, etc) and one of the conditions written into the support contracts for 5 of the customers was that their systems "would be accessed and administered exclusively by US Citizens". Came as a blow when they discovered the WMQ/WMB expert they'd hired only has a Green Card; I pointed out that on the HR form I'd ticked "Legal Resident" not "US Citizen" and it sucked to be them.

zpat wrote:
But in your case I would recommend extraordinary rendition.

Everything about me is extraordinary.
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

You're a resident alien and come from another planet (I've long suspected as much).
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

zpat wrote:
You're a resident alien and come from another planet (I've long suspected as much).

But now fully assimilated and indistinguishable from the general population. Working to bring destruction from within.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » application isolation
Jump to: