ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » Multiple MQGETS on the same queue

Multiple MQGETS on the same queue « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
koushikt
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks a lot. That helps. I think I can figure things out after this.
tczielke
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

zpat wrote:
How do you make sure the primary app server opens the queue first? - that's a trickier one to solve.

One thought is you could have another queue which could be your app control queue (APP_CTL). The primary application would only use this queue to post a message (with an expiry like 3 minutes) that it wants control. If a secondary app had exclusive hold of the message queue, it would check in an interval (say every 60 seconds) if a message is on the APP_CTL queue. If there was a message on the APP_CTL queue, it would close the message queue. Any secondary connecting app would also first check for no messages on the APP_CTL queue before trying to open the message queue. This would give a window for the primary app to come in and get back exclusive hold of the message queue, by putting a message on the APP_CTL queue.
jb
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koushikt wrote:
Thanks. That actually worked. I added a sleep in my code to verify the behavior.
I couldn't really understand the FastTransferOrder documentation. Is that a property that is set up on the Queue when it gets created or is it an option that the Api takes somewhere? I am on websphere 7.5.

And regarding make one of the machines/threads a primary (master) is there a way for it?
I want to have another setup where only the primary gets the queue as long as its alive and when it fails one of the other machine becomes the primary.

Hey, I have exactly the same need here to evenly distribute traffic to two clients on the same queue. Do you mind advising where exactly I should set this FastTransferOrder parameter? Thanks in advance, JB

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » Multiple MQGETS on the same queue
Jump to: