ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » News/Updates » New: MQ Technical Conference v2.0.1.5

New: MQ Technical Conference v2.0.1.5 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: New: MQ Technical Conference v2.0.1.5 Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

All,

Capitalware would like to announce MQ Technical Conference v2.0.1.5 (MQTC). MQTC is an event that will educate attendees on current practices, methodologies, administration, problem determination, security best practices and technology trends for IBM MQ. MQTC will offer 70 technical sessions and 15 vendor sessions that are designed to enhance the skills of IT professionals who are using IBM MQ on AIX, HP-UX, IBM i (OS/400), Linux, Solaris, Windows and z/OS. Since we have 5 session rooms at MQTC, there will be 5 concurrent MQ sessions at any given time.

MQTC is the largest conference in the world solely dedicated to IBM MQ.

Date: September 28 to September 30, 2015
Duration: 3 Days

Early-bird Price: $349.00 until July 28th, 2015
Regular Price: $399.00 from July 28th to September 13th, 2015
Group Price (5+ people): $299.00 until August 28th, 2015

The prices are exactly the same as last year!!

For more information, please go to: http://www.mqtechconference.com

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Roger,
I took a look at the list of session planned and there does not seem to be a lot of difference to those presented at the 2014 Conference.

Are there going to be some new showstopper/must attend sessions added to the list or is that pretty well it?

A good few of us will have to persuade our respected PHB's to let us attend the conference. Mine will certainly want to know what will be different to last year.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,

I have started to receive confirmations from speakers about who will attend including a response that IBM Hursley will be sending 3 or 4 people (unknown exactly who will be coming). Sadly, the only thing I do know is that Morag Hughson is leaving IBM later this year and moving to New Zealand, so she will not be speaker. Paul Clarke is also moving to New Zealand and he will not be a speaker. Hopefully, there is a way to get both Morag and Paul back for MQTC v2016!!

Besides my sessions, the only person to give me a session title and description is Tim Zielke. IBM Hursley said they would send me something in the near future (probably after InterConnect).

Therefore, I could have an empty list of sessions or a list of possible sessions. IBM Hursley did say that they would like to do more on BlueMix and MQ Light.

Glen Brumbaugh suggested that I create "Tracks". He's what I have so far for tracks:

- MQ Security
- MQ Performance
- MQ Programming
- MQ Administration
- MQ Advanced Administration
- MQ on z/OS

Last year, MQTC was a little light of programming content, so if I can get more programming sessions then I think the 'tracks' idea will work.

Just an FYI: When I get a confirmed session title from a speaker, I put the speaker's name beside the session title.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Roger, as the schedule starts to be posted, it will help if you could tag sessions like "New Session for MQTC 2015" or "Updated content for MQTC 2015!"

This will help us quickly identify new content to make our case to our management for why they should let us go if we went last year.
rammer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Hi

What is the closest International Airport to fly into from UK, Im normally in California working in September but would like to try and go there via Ohio if I can work it out.

Regards
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

rammer wrote:
What is the closest International Airport to fly into from UK

Cleveland is close, Chicago not unrealistically far.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

But there are no direct flights to Cleveland from the UK.
Chicago is approx 245 miles from Sandusky. Toll/Freeway all the way.

I'm scheduled to be in DC the week before delivering a training course but I'm not sure if I'll be going to Sandusky yet.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

smdavies99 wrote:
But there are no direct flights to Cleveland from the UK.

Shows what I know.

Detroit is another option (I just looked and there are some direct flights) or Toronto in Canada if you want to make a vacation out of it
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

PeterPotkay wrote:
Roger, as the schedule starts to be posted, it will help if you could tag sessions like "New Session for MQTC 2015" or "Updated content for MQTC 2015!".

I'll do my best. If you compare 2013 with 2014, most of the sessions were new. Hence, I would think it would be the same for 2015.

rammer wrote:
What is the closest International Airport to fly into from UK, Im normally in California working in September but would like to try and go there via Ohio if I can work it out.

MQTC v2015 will be Sept. 28-30. So, basically the last few days of September. So, you might be flying from California to Ohio.

smdavies99 wrote:
I'm scheduled to be in DC the week before delivering a training course but I'm not sure if I'll be going to Sandusky yet.

DC to Cleveland, Ohio should be an easy flight.

For everyone flying to MQTC, I have put together a list of near by airports and the travel time to Kalahari Resorts in Sandusky, Ohio:
    - Cleveland, OH Airport is 51 minutes away
    - Toledo, OH Airport is 66 minutes away
    - Detroit, MI Airport is 1 hour 40 minutes away
    - Columbus, OH Airport is 2 hours away
    - Pittsburgh, PA Airport is 2 hours 30 minutes away
    - Cincinnati, OH Airport is 4 hours away
    - Buffalo, NY Airport is 4 hours away

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Roger, please do your best to get sessions (plural) from IBM on the new M2000 MQ Appliance at MQTC 2015.

That will help justify repeat attendance as it will be totally new content for something totally new.

Having at least one of those appliances on site so we can poke at it with a stick would be cool.
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

PeterPotkay wrote:
Roger, please do your best to get sessions (plural) from IBM on the new M2000 MQ Appliance at MQTC 2015.

That will help justify repeat attendance as it will be totally new content for something totally new.

Having at least one of those appliances on site so we can poke at it with a stick would be cool.

Especially if they bring two of them and demonstrate exactly what they mean by mirroring...
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

exerk wrote:
PeterPotkay wrote:

Especially if they bring two of them and demonstrate exactly what they mean by mirroring...

Exactly. Have two of them running, doing their thing. Vitor walks by, minding his own business enjoying his Trenti triple soy latte with extra whip when all of the sudden he trips on a piece of java code, spilling his java all over one of the appliances, rendering it inoperable. Lets see this H.A. in action.
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

PeterPotkay wrote:
...with extra whip...

Worryingly I think his idea of extra whip and our idea of extra whip are probably not the same
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

exerk wrote:
PeterPotkay wrote:
...with extra whip...

Worryingly I think his idea of extra whip and our idea of extra whip are probably not the same

He certainly starts foaming at the mouth when trying to deal with Java.

But that's just because he's full of beans.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

a) A soy latte? I think not.

b) @exerk - it's not just me that enjoys that extra whip. Or the boots. We both know that.

c) I'm unlikely to trip over a piece of Java code. I'm more likely to freeze in terror, scream "Elephant" like a little girl and throw the latte in terror, bringing us to the same desired outcome.

d) @mqjeff - any of my minions (or managers) will gladly confirm it's not beans I'm full of.

e) I think the HA demonstration (without or without latte) would be a good thing at MQTC

MQSeries.net Forum Index » News/Updates » New: MQ Technical Conference v2.0.1.5
Jump to: