ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » .NET how to build message with MQXQH?

.NET how to build message with MQXQH? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You're trying to create an XQH because you're trying to send a message to a remote queue without having a local object defined.

zpat has already told you *exactly* how to do that. There are two or three other MQ network topologies that will let you do the same thing that do not in any way require you to build an XQH.

Perhaps you should review zpat's answer and then review other mechanisms for configuring MQ networks.

There are native facilities in .NET for creating an XQH. The MQ .NET classes don't provide you with an object to populate for an XQH.

But an XQH is simply a binary string, that is prepended to the front of the message body and the MQMD or the message header before the XQH is altered to indicate that there's an XQH.

So if you can write a piece of data to an MQ message and alter the MQMD, you can write an XQH.

You're going to find it difficult to start a program on a remote server simply by sending an MQ message.

To repeat what Vitor has said, in slightly different terms. You're trying to control and monitor a system using the same tools and functions that the system itself uses. Most monitoring and control systems use out of band tools for a very good reason.

To repeat what I've been saying, and what others have been saying - you are trying to solve the wrong problem in the wrong way and you will leave your MQ network and your servers open to signicant security impact.
xeonix
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

mqjeff wrote:
You're trying to create an XQH because you're trying to send a message to a remote queue without having a local object defined.

zpat has already told you *exactly* how to do that. There are two or three other MQ network topologies that will let you do the same thing that do not in any way require you to build an XQH.

Perhaps you should review zpat's answer and then review other mechanisms for configuring MQ networks.

Yep, that's my fault. I missed "zpat's answer" answer among other posts.
That's exactly what I need. And BTW, FTE Ping command works exactly in the same way.
I created instance of "MQQueueManager" connected to local coordination queue manager, and when calling "AccessQueue" specified remote queue manager.
Indeed, I've messed up with FTE Java internals disassembly while the solution was so close.
Sure, there's no need to work with XMIT headers.

mqjeff wrote:
To repeat what Vitor has said, in slightly different terms. You're trying to control and monitor a system using the same tools and functions that the system itself uses. Most monitoring and control systems use out of band tools for a very good reason.

I'm no trying to use tools and functions of the system, I'm trying to find out how do the work in order to implement my own solution.
And unfortunately, there's no official management API available for FTE and of course, it's internals aren't documented as well.

mqjeff wrote:

To repeat what I've been saying, and what others have been saying - you are trying to solve the wrong problem in the wrong way and you will leave your MQ network and your servers open to signicant security impact.

zpat 's solution doesn't violate any security guidelines, isn't it? Furthermore, FTE Ping command uses same mechanisms as well - ping requests/responses are transferred using SDR -> RCVR channels, not Client Connections, and there's no additional RQ's, pointing to agent's command queues.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » .NET how to build message with MQXQH?
Jump to: