ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » several execution groups and debug with toolkit

several execution groups and debug with toolkit « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ruimadaleno
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: several execution groups and debug with toolkit Reply with quote

Master

I all,

we have several execution groups in our Broker development environment (each project gets an execution group to develop, test and debug apps before they are promoted to other environments).

Should i expect to have problems if i have two developers, debbugging applications with toolkit ?

I Should expect problems if two developers try to debug two applications deployed in the same execution group , right ?

should i expect problems if two developers try do debug applications deployed in distinct execution groups ? (each development team/project has is own execution group and this should provide isolation in debugging applications in toolkit)

my environement

WebSphere Message Broker 8.0.0.4 Running on windows 2008 R2 server enterprise.
Developers are using Toolkit 8.0.0.4 on windows 7

Rui Madaleno
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: several execution groups and debug with toolkit Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

ruimadaleno wrote:
Should i expect to have problems if i have two developers, debbugging applications with toolkit ?

I Should expect problems if two developers try to debug two applications deployed in the same execution group , right ?

should i expect problems if two developers try do debug applications deployed in distinct execution groups ? (each development team/project has is own execution group and this should provide isolation in debugging applications in toolkit)

If 2 developers attempt to attach to the debugger in the same execution group, the second will fail as the EG only has a single debug port.

If a developer attaches to the debugger of an EG and doesn't properly disconnect (e.g. just closes his Toolkit with the debugger attached), no other developer will be able to debug until the connection times out or the EG is recylced.

If 2 developers debugging in 2 distinct EGs attempt to step through common (WMB) features and end up in the same thread at the same time, there's a risk they'll hang each other up.

Basically if you have this kind of shared environment, everyone who shares the environment must share and play nice / by the rules.
ruimadaleno
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi Vitor,

thank you for you reply.

Rui Madaleno

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » several execution groups and debug with toolkit
Jump to: