ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexWebSphere Message Broker (ACE) SupportMedical Device Integration - IIB Healthcare Pack

Medical Device Integration - IIB Healthcare Pack View previous topic :: View next topic
alokjha
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:42 am Post subject: Medical Device Integration - IIB Healthcare Pack Reply with quote

Novice

To connect with list of 72 available medical devices type with Healthcare Pack v3 of IIB, we create “Configurable Service” in which we define Device Connections and Measurement Sets details.

For this we need following Connection Configuration details :

Serial : Port, [Baud rate, Parity, Data, Stop bit & Flow control(Dropdown list)]

LAN : Host & Port

We import/reference created Configurable Service with MedicalDeviceInput node’s Basic property and then we will get messages.

So can anyone please suggest available online application/tools simulator to configure either Port or both Host & port in MedicalDeviceInput node Configurable Service and from where I am supposed to fire messages to test functionality of MedicalDeviceInput node.
kimbert
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Medical devices communicate using either serial RS232/RS422 or else via Ethernet. In either case, the higher level protocols are proprietary and you need special drivers to decode the data that the device sends.

In our experience, the best way to test the serial connection to a medical device is to use a real physical device. If you do find any simulators that can be used for testing medical devices, please let me know. But I suspect that the required information is not in the public domain, so any such tools would need to be provided by the device manufacturers.

The IIB Healthcare Pack supplies a device driver for a 'virtual device'. This injects 'readings' into a message flow and allows you to develop message flow logic without having a real physical device connected.
To try this out:
- Drag a Medical Device Input node onto the canvas
- In the Properties view, select 'New'
- In the 'Device Connections' section, click the + icon to add a medical device type
- In the drop-down list, select 'Medical Virtual Device' or any other device name containing the word 'virtual'.

Hope that helps!
smdavies99
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Perhaps this is the perfect project for a device like a Raspberry Pi?

Connect to it via Serial (to USB), capture the stream in the Pi and then send the data out via Ethernet/TCP/IP or even HTTP
An alternative would be to use MQTT on the device and get the received data back into the MQ world. Then a message flow could be used to issue the correct responses.
In effect, you use the Pi as a relay in and out of the serial data stream.

Just a thought for a Friday Afternoon in the run up towards Christmas.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
alokjha
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks a lot!

Actually I am expecting similar Testing application which IBM has already provided for DICOM images testing(.dcp file).

We can also see list of server details used for DICOM imagess testing in IIB Healthcare Pack :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5576394/free-pacs-servers/5602424#5602424

I have already used Conquest Server to test DICOM image integration with IIB Healthcare Pack.

Can anyone please suggest me if we have similar servers for MedicalDeviceInput node testing too ?
kiranbj
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:19 pm Post subject: Integration of ATNA Node in IIB9 Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks Kimbert for your valuable suggestions, we could able to implement Medicaldevice integration .

Could you please suggest how to integrate ATNA node with repository?
Do we have any online utilities/Tools to store Audit messages from ATNA node?

>>>>
Kiran
kimbert
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Quote:
Could you please suggest how to integrate ATNA node with repository?
Not sure whether you have already read this topic:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.healthcare.doc/ha05220.htm
Try those instructions, and come back with specific questions if necessary.

Quote:
Do we have any online utilities/Tools to store Audit messages from ATNA node?
Not from IBM. You may find something useful here:
http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=IHE_Test_Tool_Information#Index_to_IHE_Test_Tools
kiranbj
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:16 pm Post subject: ATNA Node Reply with quote

Novice

HI Kimbert,

We have configured ATNA node in our system. But i was looking for some kind of utilities.

Anyway let me try IHE tools and will come back if I see any issues.Thanks

>>>>
Kiran
kiranbj
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:35 pm Post subject: MedicalDevice node Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Kim,

Is MedicalDevice node Parses the input Waveform/ECG signals using Dataobject Domain?

Or What is the format of the Input to this node?

>>>>
Kiran
kiranbj
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:41 pm Post subject: ATNA Node Reply with quote

Novice

Kim,

I see by default Http nodes uses TLS protocol, Can we integrate ATNA flows with the Mockflow[Using http nodes] by enabling TLS security at Integration Node level? Is it achievable? Any Suggestions?

>>>>>
Kiran
kimbert
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Quote:
Is MedicalDevice node Parses the input Waveform/ECG signals using Dataobject Domain?
Yes - the message tree emitted by the Medical Device Input node will be in the DataObject domain. This is explained in the Knowledge Center: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.healthcare.doc/ha00010.htm
kimbert
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Quote:
Kim
It's 'Tim', actually. But you are the 3431st person to make that mistake

Quote:
I see by default Http nodes uses TLS protocol, Can we integrate ATNA flows with the Mockflow[Using http nodes] by enabling TLS security at Integration Node level? Is it achievable? Any Suggestions?
Not sure that I understand the question. What do mean by the 'Mockflow'? What exactly are you trying to do?
kiranbj
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:29 pm Post subject: ATNA Node Reply with quote

Novice

Hi TIM

am sorry Thats my Mistake ...

Mockflow:- I mean have another Messageflow with HTTPNode nodes which serves as ATNA repository. So that I can connect to the above flow from my ATNA messageflow using TLS protocol. Is it acheivable in IIB9? Correct me if I am wrong?

>>>>
Kiran
kimbert
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

So you want to design a message flow that simulates an ATNA repository?
Quote:
Is it acheivable in IIB9?
Almost certainly. Did you think that the TLS security would be the problem? If not, then what?
kiranbj
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:32 am Post subject: ATNA Repos Reply with quote

Novice

Oh Thats Great then...

But one of the property auditRepositoryURI value in ATNA Configurable service is udp://myrepository.myorg.com:3001 as per the below link

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.healthcare.doc/ha05221.htm

Am wondering, how is the connection between ATNA node and ATNARepos[Httpinput Node]Simulator establishes?
kimbert
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Sorry - I don't understand. What exactly do you need to know?

MQSeries.net Forum IndexWebSphere Message Broker (ACE) SupportMedical Device Integration - IIB Healthcare Pack
Jump to: