ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » how would i know some one is putting messing in my queue

how would i know some one is putting messing in my queue « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

vijayvm21 wrote:
i am creating a app that some one put message in my queue that on that time i read that message and after processing that message i send to that message to another queue.

Then you have all the information you need.

Thank you for not saying "ya".
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Double posting is considered rude here, and will not help you.
vijayvm21
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
Double posting is considered rude here, and will not help you.

thank you, for valuable support for all, and Specially thank you Grand High Poobah that You Understand My Questions.
But i Don't get the exact result that i want from you and my Problem.
and thank you in advance for Helping Me .
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

vijayvm21 wrote:
i Don't get the exact result that i want from you and my Problem.

Then as I said before, you need to explain what's missing. What were you expecting in the result that's you've not got?

I should advise you that a response of "some code" will not go down well, especially when you've been pointed to the samples. The forum operates on "teach a man to fish" principles, and you've already been given links to relevant materials.

If on the other hand you've read the materials, looked at the samples, put together some code of your own and it's not working as you want / expect, then tell us that. With details about what you were wanting / expecting, and what actually happened.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

The usual method of determining that a message has arrived in a queue is to enable triggering for the queue. When a message arrives on the queue, triggering will instantiate the application you name (in a Process Object definition). The triggered application consumes the message, performs appropriate processing, and creates a reply message so that the requesting application knows that the request was processed.

If you are asking that you personally be notified that a message has arrived in a queue, then you need to look for a monitoring application that can instant-message you.

As to who put the message: by examining the MQMD of a message, you can determine what application put the message, what userid the application was executed by, what platform the message came from, what date/time the message was put to the queue.

I'm not sure why you are unhappy with the replies you've received from your post. I'm not sure why you feel it necessary to complain that you are not being understood. I'm not sure why you find it annoying when we ask you to clarify what you post.

We are volunteers here at mqseries.net. We expect that you will be a willing participant in the post/reply process.
vijayvm21
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

bruce2359 wrote:
The usual method of determining that a message has arrived in a queue is to enable triggering for the queue. When a message arrives on the queue, triggering will instantiate the application you name (in a Process Object definition). The triggered application consumes the message, performs appropriate processing, and creates a reply message so that the requesting application knows that the request was processed.

If you are asking that you personally be notified that a message has arrived in a queue, then you need to look for a monitoring application that can instant-message you.

As to who put the message: by examining the MQMD of a message, you can determine what application put the message, what userid the application was executed by, what platform the message came from, what date/time the message was put to the queue.

I'm not sure why you are unhappy with the replies you've received from your post. I'm not sure why you feel it necessary to complain that you are not being understood. I'm not sure why you find it annoying when we ask you to clarify what you post.

We are volunteers here at mqseries.net. We expect that you will be a willing participant in the post/reply process.

thank you all. i am not unhappy with your reply . but your reply is very needful to my project .
vijayvm21
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

i have created an application - where i want to get notified whenever there is a new message in the queue. Basic idea behind is that my application does not have to listen to queue continuously using timer - instead what i want is, to get notified whenever there is any new message in the queue.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

vijayvm21 wrote:
i have created an application - where i want to get notified whenever there is a new message in the queue. Basic idea behind is that my application does not have to listen to queue continuously using timer - instead what i want is, to get notified whenever there is any new message in the queue.

This is a triggered queue. Your application is started whenever a message first shows up on a queue - by using a trigger monitor application and a process definition. Then your application reads messages off of the queue until it decides it's done (usually after all messages are processed!), and then it quits.

But this is *not* a Listener Service. This is a triggered program. The trigger monitor might count as a Listener service, perhaps.

If you want a Listener service, then you should look again at the .NET classes - particularly the .NET Monitor (note that this is one of the pages under the topic I told you to *start* with).

If you're looking for something similar to a Message Driven Bean in JMS, then you should look at XMS

If all of these answers leave you unhappy, then I'm really out of choices.
vijayvm21
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

thank you .. all of you

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » how would i know some one is putting messing in my queue
Jump to: