ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » JMS/WAS App getting AMQ9209 error while subcribing the topic

JMS/WAS App getting AMQ9209 error while subcribing the topic « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Mangesh1187
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: JMS/WAS App getting AMQ9209 error while subcribing the topic Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi All,

We are having JMS/WAS application (Linux) who is subscribing to the topic from MQ 7.5 Queue Manager QM1, using activation speccification settings in WAS.

Some time back the JMS App was not able to subscribe the messages (No error log found in WAS) . I checked in MQ error log & found :

AMQ9209: Connection to host '*****' for channel 'CHANNEL3'
closed.

EXPLANATION:
An error occurred receiving data from '*****' over TCP/IP.
The connection to the remote host has unexpectedly terminated.

The channel name is 'CHANNEL3'; in some cases it cannot be determined and so is
shown as '????'.
ACTION:
Tell the systems administrator.

But I could seen the host ***** able to connect to QM1.

display chs(CHANNEL3)
1 : display chs(CHANNEL3)
AMQ8417: Display Channel Status details.
CHANNEL(CHANNEL3) CHLTYPE(SVRCONN)
CONNAME(*****) CURRENT
STATUS(RUNNING) SUBSTATE(RECEIVE)
CONNAME(*****) CURRENT
CONNAME(*****) CURRENT
STATUS(RUNNING) SUBSTATE(MQGET)
CONNAME(*****) CURRENT
CONNAME(*****) CURRENT

It JMS app is able to connect to the QM1, but while subscribing, its giving the error.

We then restarted the WAS server , but same issue.
Then I restarted the QM1 & this time its worked. JMS was able to subscirbe the messages. No ther changes we have done.

But I didnt got the root cause. I tried to get help from Mr. Google ,

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13276963/repeated-amq9209-amq9999-in-amqerr01-log

Still not clear.

Can you experts please just provide hint from your previous experieance so that I can investigate in right directions. e.g Is there anything that I can configure in WAS side to avoid this error in future ..
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

No but what you should do next time this happens:
Deliberately try to subscribe from the JMS app while you are running an mq trace on the qmgr....
Open a pmr, explain the observed behavior and provide the mq trace on the PMR.

This will give Hursley the right files to analyse the behavior and possibly fix it.

Thanks
Mangesh1187
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks fjb_saper.

I am just observing the error log. I can see frequent entries of the same error messages in the log. Although its not in any perticular pattern.

----- amqccita.c : 3694 -------------------------------------------------------
6/30/2014 17:11:15 - Process(7116.67) User(mangesh) Program(amqrmppa.exe)
Host(XXXX) Installation(Installation1)
VRMF(7.5.0.0) QMgr(QM1)

AMQ9209: Connection to host 'YYYY' for channel 'CHANNEL3'
closed.

EXPLANATION:
An error occurred receiving data from 'YYYY' over TCP/IP.
The connection to the remote host has unexpectedly terminated.

The channel name is 'CHANNEL3'; in some cases it cannot be determined and so is
shown as '????'.

Even no Pub/Sub hapening ,I could see these entries were increasing & CHANNEL3 is in running state.

However applications did not repported any error till now (testing is going on). But I suspect in future it will do , as I faced on Saturday ( & Restart of QM solved it. Although its not correct solution)
I had checkd for the amqrmppa process in task manager, but couldnt find the entry.

I tried Ping to YYYY from MQ server & its working fine. From WAS side we cehcked for any error log is generated, but couldnt find anything.
So just trying to understand how the error is appearing in logs & still Pub/Sub is working...
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

A SvRCONN is in running state if at least one connection to it is open.

It sounds like you have a client application that is behaving badly. Ideally, you know exactly which app because "CHANNEL3" is only used by one app.
tczielke
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

Since you are at 7.5, the Application Activity Trace (AAT) could be a helpful tool to track down which applications are using a SVRCONN channel. You can consult the MQ manual, and also this helpful doc for using the AAT -> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/1306_bushby/1306_bushby.html

It takes a little investment to get familiar with it, but it is a powerful tool to have in your MQ administrator toolbox.
Mangesh1187
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi MQjeff,

I am also thinking same way. I am sure & confirm that Channel3 is being used by only one applications whicis using JMS/WAS . In WAS we had configured the JMS resources topic, topicconnection factory (to Publish ) & Activation specification(to Subscribe) the messages. Curretnly testing is goin for subscription. (i.e. Application is not publishing any message for now)

But this error is populating several times even when no testing is going on. Today also I checked the log, & it shows some entries generated in mid night.

I suspect something in Activation specification settings or in JMS code causing the problem. I am drilling down for the same.

About your quote :

Quote:
A SvRCONN is in running state if at least one connection to it is open.

Currently 4 instances are in runnning state. Does it mean any, applications can uses one instance for connecting & other instance for actual messaganing puropse (i.e. to Put /Get/subscribe/Publish etc) thats why multiple instances aer showing here..

Hi tczielke,

This Activity Trace seems to be very useful. I am going through the link provided by you. May be it will show the correct direction.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » JMS/WAS App getting AMQ9209 error while subcribing the topic
Jump to: