ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » use MQCB to read from a queue and write to a seperate queue

use MQCB to read from a queue and write to a seperate queue « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
yasaboy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: use MQCB to read from a queue and write to a seperate queue Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi,

I am very new to the MQ and need some help to figure out a way for the below scenario.

I have one MQ pair as INQueue and OutQueue. And I have two seperate threads where Thread1 reads messages from the INQueue and Thread2 process the same messages read from the InQueue and put to a OutQueue.

Can I use MQCB to read from INQueue , and pass the message back to Thread2.

Thanks
bruce2359
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Moved to MQ API forum.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: use MQCB to read from a queue and write to a seperate qu Reply with quote

Poobah

yasaboy wrote:
Hi,

I am very new to the MQ and need some help to figure out a way for the below scenario.

I have one MQ pair as INQueue and OutQueue. And I have two seperate threads where Thread1 reads messages from the INQueue and Thread2 process the same messages read from the InQueue and put to a OutQueue.

Thanks

So, you are very new to MQ, and you have a solution using call-back? What is the problem your solution is addressing?

Is this a test question for a job interview?
yasaboy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: use MQCB to read from a queue and write to a seperate qu Reply with quote

Voyager

bruce2359 wrote:
yasaboy wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

So, you are very new to MQ, and you have a solution using call-back? What is the problem your solution is addressing?

Is this a test question for a job interview?

Hi bruce.Thanks for your reply. I want to check the time between reading InQueue using MQCB and writing to OutQueue operation.

Not a interview question by the way
bruce2359
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: use MQCB to read from a queue and write to a seperate qu Reply with quote

Poobah

yasaboy wrote:
I want to check the time between reading InQueue using MQCB and writing to OutQueue operation.

You are very new to WMQ, and you want to check for what reason? Curiosity?

How do you intend to check the time? What do you intend to compare the result against?

What do you understand about the MQCB and related calls?
pmeekin
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: use MQCB to read from a queue and write to a seperate qu Reply with quote

Novice

yasaboy wrote:

Hi yasaboy,

MQCB creates a function that gets messages asynchronously - it's a function within your program that gets invoked whenever a message arrives.

If you've already got 2 threads, do you really want thread 1 to get messages like this? Is it doing anything else while waiting for messages to arrive? If not then you probably don't need MQCB and a standard MQGET will be fine.

If you really want to give it a try check out the sample program amqscbf0.c which gives a simple example.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » use MQCB to read from a queue and write to a seperate queue
Jump to: