ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Looking for MQTT alternative without using a fixed broker.

Looking for MQTT alternative without using a fixed broker. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
lilzz
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Looking for MQTT alternative without using a fixed broker. Reply with quote

let say I have a number of systems in harsh environment where RF interference, signal losses, signal attenuation, so a single broker method is not going work as some system might not able to get to the broker. What I have is mesh of systems and I would like not using fixed single broker. I prefer have a dynamic broker when if certain systems cannot reach the broker then another way or route can go thru. The messages would propagate down and be received.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for MQTT alternative without using a fixed brok Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

lilzz wrote:
let say I have a number of systems in harsh environment where RF interference, signal losses, signal attenuation, so a single broker method is not going work as some system might not able to get to the broker. What I have is mesh of systems and I would like not using fixed single broker. I prefer have a dynamic broker when if certain systems cannot reach the broker then another way or route can go thru. The messages would propagate down and be received.

This has really nothing to do with a single / dynamic broker...
What it does have to do with is network and routing.
And what you want here is some kind of dynamic routing where if one route is blocked because of poor signal / interference the device chooses a different one.

I believe that is already inherent to the TCP/IP stack with the metric number specified on the ip routing... You may also have to install repeaters in case of wifi...

Looks like the person you need to talk to is your friendly network engineer...

Have fun
lilzz
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for MQTT alternative without using a fixed brok Reply with quote

fjb_saper wrote:

This has really nothing to do with a single / dynamic broker...
What it does have to do with is network and routing.
And what you want here is some kind of dynamic routing where if one route is blocked because of poor signal / interference the device chooses a different one.

I believe that is already inherent to the TCP/IP stack with the metric number specified on the ip routing... You may also have to install repeaters in case of wifi...

Looks like the person you need to talk to is your friendly network engineer...

Have fun

well, can you use the nearest neighboring system as the broker? Those systems are not in the internet but they are in the same network.
Let say I have 100 system, system1 s near system2 and system3 and so on.. the farthest is system 100. Let say system 1 want to send a message to system 100 which is the furthest. Let say the furthest system1 can send is system 20. Can system 20 be chosen as the broker?

Then system 30 can pick up from system 20 and again sending from system 30 to broker 40.... Kind of like bucket brigate, and finally be received by system 100.
Using this way,. Yeah they are being used like repeaters by individual system.
lilzz
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, what if MQTT broker system got malfunctioned. Then the messages are lost.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

MQTT has three qualities of service. If you are able to successfully connect to an MQTT broker, and it acknowledges receiving a message of a certain QOS, it will do everything it can to make sure that message is not lost.

That said, it is *always* a trade off between speed and reliability.

So you need to decide which is more important to you.

MQTT brokers do not currently support the notion of interconnecting brokers in the same way that MQ has qmgr->qmgr connections.

Nothing says you can't write an application that subscribes to every message on one MQTT broker and publishes it to another.

Nothing says you can't stand up a bunch of MQ queue managers running the Telemetry daemon and use MQTT to talk to them, and have all of their destinations be real MQ destinations, with MQ store and forward and persistance.

Although, again, you are always making a choice between speed and reliability.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Looking for MQTT alternative without using a fixed broker.
Jump to: