ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » About dump all MQ object definitions in AIX

About dump all MQ object definitions in AIX « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kun.leeing
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: About dump all MQ object definitions in AIX Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi experts,

I remembered there is a command that we could use to output all definitions to a MQSC text. but I did forget it.

After researching on google, I found saveqmgr for windows , but what is for the Websphere MQ on Unix(AIX)

thanks in advance

Richard
exerk
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

kun.leeing wrote:
...After researching on google, I found saveqmgr for windows , but what is for the Websphere MQ on Unix(AIX)...

The same, except that the MS03 SupportPac has been withdrawn and doesn't work on properly on WMQ versions above 7.0; it was ' replaced' by the native dmpmqcfg command, which is known to be broken and is in the process of being fixed.

Other than that you'll have to rely on piping in a list of DISPLAY commands and piping out the output, then parse the result for the information you need. If you also want the object authorities you can use the amqoamd command, but as it's undocumented there's no guarantee you'll get everything (but anecdotally, I've never known it to miss anything).
mqjeff
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

exerk wrote:
kun.leeing wrote:
...After researching on google, I found saveqmgr for windows , but what is for the Websphere MQ on Unix(AIX)...

The same, except that the MS03 SupportPac has been withdrawn and doesn't work on properly on WMQ versions above 7.0;

It works just fine. Incompletely, but not improperly!

And it's not horrendously hard to modify the source files to include the relevant new attributes. Heck, the error messages produced will even tell you which ones are missing - albeit by numerical value.
kun.leeing
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Thanks guys for replying.

Quote:
it was ' replaced' by the native dmpmqcfg command, which is known to be broken and is in the process of being fixed.

does it necessarily mean that dmpmqcfg would be the proper way to dump all objects definition and what kind of problem will it arouse if I use this command for dumping. Because I will use it in production mode, I have to be careful.
zpat
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Please can you tell me

(1) What issues arise if I use MS03 (version 6.1.4) against MQ 7.5 ?

I guess just any new (with MQ 7.5) attributes would not be saved?

(2) What is broken with dmpmqcfg (version 7.5.0.3)?

(3) Can I use dmpmqcfg against version 7.0.1.10 queue managers?
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

zpat,
The following thread has a lot of info on this:

http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=65712&start=0
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

zpat wrote:
Please can you tell me

(1) What issues arise if I use MS03 (version 6.1.4) against MQ 7.5 ?

It will fail to report new attributes. Well. It will throw errors indicating the PCF constants that it doesn't know about.

It may, possibly, fail to complete a full run because it failed to report some new attributes.

zpat wrote:
I guess just any new (with MQ 7.5) attributes would not be saved?

Pretty much.

It's not *conceptually* difficult to go through the various queue.c, etc files in the MS03 source code, and add new entries for each of the new attributes.

But it's rather a slog.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » About dump all MQ object definitions in AIX
Jump to: