ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » FtpServer Configurable Service deletes remote file

FtpServer Configurable Service deletes remote file « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jsware
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: FtpServer Configurable Service deletes remote file Reply with quote

Chevalier

When using the FtpServer configurable service with a FileInput node, the remote file is copied to the local directory ready for processing by the FileInput node. If the FtpServer service is unable to delete the remote file, it fails with the following error in the syslog:

Code:

May  7 15:12:25 mbHost WebSphere Broker v8004[9581]: (DEV01.default)[33]BIP3384E: File node 'IN' in message flow 'Router_SFTP'. An unexpected reply has been received from 'SFTP' server '123.11.22.33'. The command and reply are: 'Error while trying to delete file: catalogue130434995300311427.xml Reason: Permission Denied! '. : DEV01.8a375161-4501-0000-0080-af41ebf03d25: /build/slot1/S800_P/src/DataFlowEngine/NativeTrace/ImbNativeTrace.cpp: 739: com.ibm.broker.nodes.filenodes.ComIbmFileInputNode.handleRemoteTransferException: :

Is there a way to rename/move the file on the remote SFTP server instead of deleting it.

NB: This is different to the action performed on the local file after successful processing, which is set to archive the file into a local mqsiarchive folder.
Esa
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

What makes you think you could rename or move the file if you don't have permission to delete it? All these operation need the same permission: to write.
jsware
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

Esa wrote:
What makes you think you could rename or move the file if you don't have permission to delete it? All these operation need the same permission: to write.

It would be a step forward if the failure was because of no permissions to move/rename the file. The failure is because I have no permission to delete the file.

I don't want to delete the file, I want to rename the remote file instead. However, I cannot see an option in Message Broker to move/rename the remote file on the SFTP server after it has been transferred to my local directory for processing.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

But did you not read the infocenter where it specifically says that that's how it works?
No renaming involved. get and delete.
The more pressing question here is why would you want to do it that way?
What is really behind your "requirement" ?
Esa
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

jsware wrote:

I don't want to delete the file, I want to rename the remote file instead. However, I cannot see an option in Message Broker to move/rename the remote file on the SFTP server after it has been transferred to my local directory for processing.

You can use File Output node to send the file back to another directory or under another name. That's move/rename the hard way, but something that you can actually implement.
jsware
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

fjb_saper wrote:
But did you not read the infocenter where it specifically says that that's how it works?
No renaming involved. get and delete.
The more pressing question here is why would you want to do it that way?
What is really behind your "requirement" ?

If you mean the statement "Optionally, files from a remote FTP or SFTP server can be moved to the local directory whenever the directory is to be scanned." then this implies an optional move with perhaps some other options available like rename/move the remote file - similar to move/rename/delete of local files after processing - that I've missed in the docs after reading them and trying a number of settings.

As to the more pressing question of why I want to do it that way, its because I think that's more reasonable with somebody else's files on their server than destroying them after reading - its not mission impossible (perhaps it is impossible).

As to the requirement, its to process files provided by a 3rd party on their SFTP server, leaving the file there so that the 3rd party owner of the file still has it after it has been processed.

I can ask the 3rd party to put additional steps in to keep another copy because broker has to delete it, but I'd rather move it to a "processed" name/directory if possible without re-uploading it to get round a missing feature of broker.

Renaming/moving it seems like a reasonable feature to find on the FTP/SFTP settings of a FileInput node. If its not available, perhaps I will raise a new feature request with IBM.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I think you'll find that the other party is actually expecting you to delete the files off of their server, and they will have done whatever archiving or etc. that they need already before they put it where you can get at it.

Unless they've specifically told you otherwise.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Renaming file after reading from remote server Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi Jsware,
Did you get any way to rename the file on remote server after reading?Because I have the same requirement as my client wants me to rename the file after reading instead of deleting as client is not ready to be accountable of any missing file.

Rewriting the file after reading with a different name is always resource consuming as it needs to hit ftp server 2 times, my client is not ready to do so.

Kindly suggest.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » FtpServer Configurable Service deletes remote file
Jump to: