ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » XSD definition within WSDL

XSD definition within WSDL « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Muthukrishnan
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: XSD definition within WSDL Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

We have developed a web service provider using WMB 8.0.0.2 and exposed. One of the application team using .NET is unable to consume our service since the XSD is not embedded within the WSDL. The broker internally creates an include statement to include the schema definition into the WSDL.

The application team did not have the feature to use the local copy of the WSDL. Even the referenced schema is not accessible.
Hence we have asked the application team to write a separate program to call our service. Is this a kind of limition of WMB not to include the XSD definition within the WSDL?

Please clarify.
kimbert
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Quote:
The broker internally creates an include statement to include the schema definition into the WSDL.
Correct - WMB does not create WSDLs with inline xsds. It can import them, but it will save the xsd(s) separately from the WSDL.
Quote:
The application team did not have the feature to use the local copy of the WSDL. Even the referenced schema is not accessible.
I don't understand. What do you mean by 'not accessible'?
Quote:
One of the application team using .NET is unable to consume our service since the XSD is not embedded within the WSDL.
Is this a kind of limitation of .NET?
Quote:
Hence we have asked the application team to write a separate program to call our service.
Sounds like a fairly drastic response to the problem. Surely there's a better solution than that?
ganesh
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Quote:
Is this a kind of limition of WMB not to include the XSD definition within the WSDL?

Its a good practise to have the xsd seperate from the wsdl for ease of readability.

Quote:
The application team did not have the feature to use the local copy of the WSDL. Even the referenced schema is not accessible

If they need the xsd and wsdl for their development purpose you can send them a copy.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

If you enable the "?wsdl" function on the soap input node, this problem goes away.

By which I mean, the deployed flow will return a single wsdl file with all xsds inlined, when you ask the service for ?wsdl
ganesh
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Quote:
By which I mean, the deployed flow will return a single wsdl file with all xsds inlined, when you ask the service for ?wsdl

It will still return only a wsdl with a reference to location of xsd like below.

Code:
<xsd:schema>
  <xsd:import namespace="*****" schemaLocation="https://***/**?xsd=xsd0" />
  </xsd:schema>

Muthukrishnan
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: XSD definition within WSDL Reply with quote

Apprentice

Yes. Ganesh you are right. So this is the problem we are facing. If this the good practise to have the xsd seperate from the wsdl then there is no choice except the change at the application that is consuming the service. I would like to confirm this. Please clarify.

@kimbert , What i meant by not accessible is that the .NET application is unable to consume the service. Yes it is a limitation of this application.
kimbert
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

WSDLs often do contain inline xsds. This is a valid way to design WSDLs.
WMB/IIB cannot handle WSDLs with inline xsds so they automatically extract the xsds into separate files.
It looks as if .NET cannot handle WSDLs *without* inline xsds. So give it the original WSDL, not the one exported by WMB/IIB.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

ganesh wrote:
Quote:

It will still return only a wsdl with a reference to location of xsd like below.

Code:
<xsd:schema>
  <xsd:import namespace="*****" schemaLocation="https://***/**?xsd=xsd0" />
  </xsd:schema>

I thought they fixed that.
Muthukrishnan
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: XSD definition within WSDL Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks all for your reply.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: WSDL accessible on browser but unable to import into Soap UI Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi Muthukrishnan,
I am facing the same issue with client since one week. But my client is trying to import WSDL through Soap UI but not getting.

But in your case was your client able to test from Soap Ui ?
Kindly reply me the process you followed to resolve this ?

I posted this in MQSeries and in process of getting it resolved from IIB end without changing client application.

Thanks
Muthukrishnan
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

I myself was able to test through SOAP UI. We need to copy the reference xsd in our local system and use it from SOAP UI. But the client were not able to call from .NET. So they changed the code at their end.

Please let me know if you need any additional inputs from my side.

Thanks.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » XSD definition within WSDL
Jump to: