ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » MQ v7 certification 000-374 dump

MQ v7 certification 000-374 dump « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
srikanthmq225
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: MQ v7 certification 000-374 dump Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

Where can i get dumps for MQ v7 certification(000-374 dump).
This month(feb 2014) 15th and 22nd march 2014 are have a MQ Certification Exam.
Could some one please provide the dump..

bruce2359
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

What have you done on your own so far to find what you are looking for?
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: MQ v7 certification 000-374 dump Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

srikanthmq225 wrote:
Where can i get dumps for MQ v7 certification(000-374 dump).

Not here. By policy we don't assist in the cerification process except by providing advice & answering questions in the usual way.

srikanthmq225 wrote:
Could some one please provide the dump..

If they do, the thread will be moderated & the poster reported to the board admin.
elkinsc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

A google search will show the the entire test dumped to a site that allows you to read this badly out of date test. It is not an onerous search, if memory serves it does not even require looking on the second page of google 'finds.'

The test is based on WMQ as it was 6 years ago or thereabouts, so answers you chose to give based on current knowledge might not be judged correct. And because the test is published and so easily memorized, passing it leads to people claiming certified skills that ask questions so basic as to be frightening for people in charge of a production MQ network.

I would refer everyone to Mark Taylor's words on the topic, which can be found here: http://marktaylorhursley.wordpress.com/
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

I was proud when I got my MQSeries 5.3 certifications. I actually got them framed and had them hanging in my cubicle.

When the 6.0 ones came out I got those, but by then had moved to another office location and didn't bother putting them up.

I never bothered getting the MQ 7 certificatations. Sadly I think they are almost worthless nowadays.

The fact that anyone would publicly ask for a dump of the test proves the point on how some people think of them nowadays. Sad....
bruce2359
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

PeterPotkay wrote:
Sadly I think they are almost worthless nowadays.

The fact that anyone would publicly ask for a dump of the test proves the point on how some people think of them nowadays. Sad....

Certifications are one more thing to look at when considering a candidate, but not the only thing.

If I were interviewing the non-certified OP, I'd ask 'Why aren't you certified;' and 'name five ways that you would go about getting certified.' Both are open-ended, requiring some thought and organization.

I'm more saddened that the OP didn't click the 'search' button at the top of this page, or use a search-engine to find the cert materials.
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

bruce2359 wrote:
...If I were interviewing the non-certified OP, I'd ask 'Why aren't you certified'...

Sadly my answer that question would be "because I believe it has no little or value any more". I got my V6.0 certifications for my first contract because the client required it; very sensibly the client used it as a filter because at the time course-and-click-certification wasn't offered and anyone getting their certifications would have been around the block a few times. Would I have gone for it anyway? Yes, I would because for me it would have been a skills check - did I know WMQ, or did I just know it as it was parochially used where I was working as a permie at the time. Would I do it now? No, I wouldn't want to spend the time away from servicing a contract (time = money), or bear the cost of the exam and travel to a testing centre for something I now feel to be so degraded as to be near worthless.
dgolding
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Quote:
If I were interviewing the non-certified OP, I'd ask 'Why aren't you certified;

My answer would be, "They didn't have the tests then in 1995".

I agree - going on a two week course with the guarantee that you will pass the test at the end of it means that the certificate is worthless as an indicator of real-world performance.[/quote]

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » MQ v7 certification 000-374 dump
Jump to: