ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » XML Management Interface - How to verify activity

XML Management Interface - How to verify activity « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: XML Management Interface - How to verify activity Reply with quote

Poobah

I want to replace the SSL Proxy Profile that applies to an XML Management Interface. How do I verify if the XML Management Interface is being used for a particular appliance? I would like something a little more elegant than disabling it and seeing if anyone complains

I have a couple appliance in a DEV environment that don't have an SSL Proxy Profile applied that require SSL client authentication. I want to change that and require client authentication as I introduce a new client to use that XML Management Interface. But I want to know if there is anyone using it before I tighten up security on it.

I see the View Log link in the Configure XML Management Interface page, and when I check this on 2 appliances that I know for a fact do have regular activity (once a minute):

* On the XI52 Firmware 6.0.0.2 appliance, this log is blank. I have restarted the XML Management Interface a few times, and there is a client that is using the XML Management Interface once a minute.

* On the XI50 Firmware 4.0.2 appliance, this log does show entries when I disable and enable the Interface, but no evidence of the client that is using the XML Management Interface once a minute.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Can you set up a management proxy that logs the activity?
vishBroker
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

At the top of my mind -
1. You may want to create a WSP for the XML mgmt WSDL
2. Then add all the SLM policies/logging mechanism you want in WPS.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » XML Management Interface - How to verify activity
Jump to: