ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQFTE Plugin for MQ Explorer 7.5

MQFTE Plugin for MQ Explorer 7.5 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
eterry400
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: MQFTE Plugin for MQ Explorer 7.5 Reply with quote

I have an issue with the MQFTE Plugin for MQ Explorer that I'm hoping someone can help me with. We have been using MQ and MQ Explorer 7.0.1.x with MQFTE 7.0.4.2. We use SSL for all of our MQ channel connections and was very surprised that the default MQFTE setup utilities and the FTE plugin didn't support SSL configurations using the standard setup scripts. I was able to dig through the Info Center and was able to get the configuration working by hand coding the properties files for the plugin. I even figured out how to configure connections for multiple coordination queue managers using these configuration files.

Then I get the bright idea to upgrade to MQ 7.5. I installed MQ Explorer 7.5.0.2 and was pleasantly surprised at the fully integrated MQFTE plugin with the ability to create multiple coordination queue manager connections. I was thinking why did I wait so long to upgrade. This is cool. I can create a normal MQ Explorer connection to my coordination queue manager and then point the MQFTE to that queue manager instance. Then to my surprise I found that even though my regular MQ connection to the queue manager uses SSL, the MQFTE connection seems to ignore the SSL setup and then complain because the SSL setup doesn't match. What's up with that. I think I know how to fix that because I had done the same thing with the previous plugin for MQ 7.0.1.x. I then realize that my all too familiar FTE properties files are no where to be found and I can't find anything in the info center that mentions how to add any customer properties to the configuration.

Anybody else ran into this issue and if so how did you work around it? What is the expected setup to connect MQ Explorer to a coordination queue manager? If you don't use SSL how to you secure your connection to the coordination queue manager? I have added a security exit to protect the connection to my FTE connection but I would prefer to use SSL. Any ideas?

Thanks
zpat
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

No ideas, but I would mention that fixpack 7.5.0.3 has a lot of fixes for FTE.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQFTE Plugin for MQ Explorer 7.5
Jump to: