ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Application Message put Muliple Send Queues with Single call

Application Message put Muliple Send Queues with Single call « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
bhaskarreddy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Application Message put Muliple Send Queues with Single call Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

We have two Sepereate Queues on two Differents Servers, Both of them added into Cluster, My application is trying to put the message in to One Queue (SENDQ1) It is working fine after changing my properties file And my code to put the message in Second Queue (SENDQ2) It is working fine, How I can put the message Multiple Send Queues ( Incase if Sendq1 down and Sendq2 is up)

Could You please Advise.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

How will your application know which queue is available (note that a queue cannot be up or down, only a queue manager can be up or down)?

Why should your application care if one instance or the other is up or down? One of the reasons you're paying IBM a very large amount of money for the WMQ license is to ensure the messages your application sends get to where they're going.

If you need them to get where they're going in a timely fashion, define 1 queue called SENDQ as a target and get whatever's hosting the 2 current instances to act as primary/secondary for it through HA software of your choice.
bhaskarreddy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Application Message put Muliple Send Queues with Single call Reply with quote

Apprentice

they provided two IPS.

MQ_req_host=10.12.13.24
MQ_Req_Host=10.12.13.25
MQ_res_host=10.12.13.24
MQ_Res_Host=10.12.13.25
port=1414
MQ_Req_QM=QM1
MQ_Req_QM=QM2
MQ_Res_QM=QM1
MQ_Res_QM=QM2
MQ_send_Que=sendq
MQ_send_Que=sendq2
MQ_recv_Que=recvq
mq_channel=System>admin.svconn

above one is the configuration, I am trying to put the message sendq It is working fine, i have changed property Sendq2 and ip and qm name that one working, But How i can switch in MY code, I am using WASV7

can you give me the Idea
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Application Message put Muliple Send Queues with Single Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

bhaskarreddy wrote:
can you give me the Idea

If you can answer my questions above:

- How will your application know which queue is available, i.e. when it needs to switch?

- Why should your application care if one instance or the other is up or down? One of the reasons you're paying IBM a very large amount of money for the WMQ license is to ensure the messages your application sends get to where they're going.

There's no point you posting here if you're going to ignore the responses you get and keep reposting the same question.
bhaskarreddy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Application Message put Muliple Send Queues with Single call Reply with quote

Apprentice

I got the url from ibm Infocenter, if one qmgr is down and my application try to puth the message to other queuemangers, we can possible do it Both ways.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.mq.amqzag.doc/fa70190_.htm
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Application Message put Muliple Send Queues with Single Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

bhaskarreddy wrote:
I got the url from ibm Infocenter, if one qmgr is down and my application try to puth the message to other queuemangers, we can possible do it Both ways.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.mq.amqzag.doc/fa70190_.htm

bhaskarreddy wrote:

That's not describing what you're talking about. That's talking about auto-reconnect to a queue manager group which is:

- not handled by your application
- relies on you putting to the same queue as I describe above

If by "both ways" you mean this way and the way you started out asking about, then answer my questions to demonstrate how "your" way is going to work and why (if it actually works) it's better than the other way.
bhaskarreddy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Application Message put Muliple Send Queues with Single call Reply with quote

Apprentice

You are correct, I tried it doesn't work two queues, It is the same Queue auto reconnect, But is there anyway to setup two send queues and two qeueue manageers in application level, If not how we can setup Websphere admin console ?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Application Message put Muliple Send Queues with Single Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

bhaskarreddy wrote:
You are correct, I tried it doesn't work two queues, It is the same Queue auto reconnect, But is there anyway to setup two send queues and two qeueue manageers in application level, If not how we can setup Websphere admin console ?

You need to set the connection name list property when defining the qcf in WAS. (multi-instance qmgrs)
Have fun
bhaskarreddy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Application Message put Muliple Send Queues with Single call Reply with quote

Apprentice

I saw one queue manager option only. there is no custom properites option on WASV7.0.0.29,

I selected these options.

JMS --> Queue Connection factories -> Scope --> Cluster=ClusterA_App,

Select New --> Wesbhere MQ messaging Provider --> Name --> app

Jndi name --> jms/cardSwipeRequest

select connection method --> enter the all required into this wizard

queue name --> SendQ1
Transport --> Bindings, then client
hostname --> 10.12.24.252
port --> 1415
server connection channel --> SYSTEM.ADMIN.SVRCONN

test connection : is success

Where is the other Queue manager option ?
sunny_30
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

I have the same question.

2 different QMs (not MI) in MQcluster running in an active-active HA setup. Please note that I dont have access to WAS to test this. That is why Im posting here.

Can I have the WAS(JMS) application auto re-connect to a 2nd QM (during the time of failover of the 1st QM) using the "connection name list" feature inside its config ? something like if a conn1 doesnt work, connect to a conn2. But again it seems like this feature cannot be used to connect to a non-MI QM

WAS config also has a field to specify Queue manager name.
This has to be left blank as I have 2 "different" QMs

Will it work ? we are opting not to use the CCDT option as I believe there is a performance impact
smdavies99
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

sunny_30 wrote:

Will it work ? we are opting not to use the CCDT option as I believe there is a performance impact

Citation Please? Where did you see this? Who told you?
Have you done any testing? If not why not? You have been around MQ long enough to know that it does not take long to test this.

The way to do this is to use the CCDT. I have done this and it works totally transparently to the Client Application. no coding needed! What more can you need?

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Application Message put Muliple Send Queues with Single call
Jump to: