ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » ISO message using DFDL parcer in TCPIP server node.

ISO message using DFDL parcer in TCPIP server node. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Lily
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: ISO message using DFDL parcer in TCPIP server node. Reply with quote

Novice

Hi everyone,

I am new to WMB especially to TCPIP protocol.

I have developed a flow for startup loon based on the sample in WMB8001 which uses DFDL parser to read ISO8583 message.

Client flow:

TCPIPCLIENTInput node--open--> compute node-->TCPIPCLIENToutput node-->TCPIPCLIENTInput node--in--> compute node.

on timeout at clientoutput node it retires to send the logon message once agian before throwing exception.

Server Flow:

Serverinput node--Out --> ServerOutputNode.

Properties on Clientoutput node.
Advanced--> default.
Records and elements--> record is unmodified data.

Properties on ServerInput node.
Advanced--> default.
Records and elements--> Parsed record sequence.( I am using ISO Message set and DFDL parser as shown in the sample)

I have placed trace nodes after each tcpip node. I am preparing the DFDL message in the first compute node. I am including elements 46 and 102 and making the corresponding bits as 1. The trace after the clientoutput node is populationg the message correctly but in the server flow is not reading the message properly. all the bits except the 1st bit(secondary bit map) in the primary bit map are read as 0 and no fields attached. I have tried it with close output stream option at client node and still there is no difference.

And the connection is being closed at the server side even the option is selectoed 'NO' for close connection in serverinput node. and the client flow is getting triggered iteratively (as the flow gets triggered on opening a new connection)

2. I also have another question regarding the output stream. Once we close the output stream( I know the connection will be still open) can we send the messages again? If so how do we open the output stream? Does it open the stream automatically when another output node is used?

3. If there is no configurable service created, the default number of connection created will be 1 . right?

Can you please help me as I have been trying different options since past two weeks and nothing is working.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Please update your toolkit to 8.0.0.2 iFix 001 (July 2013). Please update your runtime to 8.0.0.2.

You may like to consider using Http nodes or SOAP nodes. While what you are trying can be done with TCPIP nodes, the others give you advantages which will make your life easier.

Great job using Trace nodes !! Here is a pattern you can use :

Code:
Root:
${Root}
===
LocalEnvironment:
${LocalEnvironment}
===
Environment:
${Environment}
===
ExceptionList:
${ExceptionList}
===
${CURRENT_TIMESTAMP}
=======================

Point each Trace node to a unique file on disk. Put a Trace node before and after every major node in your flow. Have one after the Input node, one before & after each of your Compute nodes, etc. The Trace node is not failing to read any part of your Logical Message Tree. If its not showing up in your Trace file, then its not in the LMT to begin with.

For your question 2, think in granular terms. Don't piggyback.

For your question 3, use the other nodes.

While its good for you to try things on your own, you may like to consider attending in person a training class as the interaction with the instructor, the labs, and other students will help you to come up to speed more quickly.

Remember that you have total control over every thing that happens in your flow. There is no magic or black box. You are the developer, you have the power.

Last edited by lancelotlinc on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Lily
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,
Thanks for the Quick reply.
As the requirement is to login to the the TCP/IP connection and keep it open I am using TCP/IP nodes.

I have the trace nodes placed after all the nodes.

I am also not understanding why the connection is getting closed even though the message is been received by servernodes.

2. When I use the close output stream option , clientoutput node is throwing exception for the second retry saying the output stream is closed.

I am tryng to attend the training sessions in persons but there are no sessions scheduled in the area of chicago at this moment.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

I think you are misinterpreting your requirement. You don't really mean to keep the same connection open. What you mean to do is have the service continuously available.

Have a look here :

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v8r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.etools.mft.samples.tcpiphandshake.doc%2Fdoc%2Fsetup.htm

Try this sample.

You are thinking in too complex terms. Think more simply. Be granular. It seems you are trying to make the server-side behave like a client, which is not correct.

The good thing about Chicago is you have a nice airport that can get you to any training class anywhere in the world. There is one scheduled for 2013-12-16 in Orlando, Florida which is a really nice place to be in the winter time.
Lily
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

In our comapny we have WMB8001.
Doesn't it work in v8001. is the 8002 necessary to use the DFDL parcer?

Sorry for the dumb question.. but we also have WTX.

At thos point we are not yet sure whetehr to use WTX or DFDL parcer for the transformation of ISO message.

Can you please suggest me whether its good to upgrade our WMB version and use DFDL parcer or to go with the existing versions and use WTX.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Don't use WTX for anything. Its legacy technology and the DFDL parser is the preferred technology to parse your payloads.

You really need to keep your binaries current. Don't stay on buggy versions.

Update your toolkit, runtime and use DFDL.

ISO8583 messaging standard (DFDL)

Introduction to the ISO8583 sample message flows
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Lily wrote:
In our comapny we have WMB8001.
Doesn't it work in v8001. is the 8002 necessary to use the DFDL parcer?

DFDL works fine in v8.0.0.1. Many things work better in v8.0.0.2

Lily wrote:
Can you please suggest me whether its good to upgrade our WMB version and use DFDL parcer or to go with the existing versions and use WTX.

It's good to upgrade your version, but I would doubt it's magically going to make your message become property parsed.

It's my understanding (and only my understanding) that the current DFDL standard & implementation doesn't have strong support for bits. For this reason you may do better with WTX, especially if your WTX license include an ISO 8583 type map.

If, however, the ISO 8583 is within the reach of the DFDL parser (and I somehow doubt IBM would have included it as a sample with v8 if it isn't) and the problem is with your flow then you're going to hit the same problems with a WTX node as you have with a DFDL based transformation!
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

lancelotlinc wrote:
Don't use WTX for anything. Its legacy technology

Have IBM announced the end of life date?

I know what you mean, but it's potentially misleading to an admitted newcomer to the WMB world.

WTX is not legacy. WTX is fully supported and integrates with WMBv8 (and IIBv9 come to that).
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Vitor wrote:
It's my understanding (and only my understanding) that the current DFDL standard & implementation doesn't have strong support for bits. For this reason you may do better with WTX, especially if your WTX license include an ISO 8583 type map.

DFDL and WMB sans WTX handle ISO8583 very gracefully.

Re: WTX - If you like punch cards, then go ahead and use it.

mqjeff wrote:
I would never use WTX for anything. That's just me. ... Again, go back to the business value.

Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

lancelotlinc wrote:
Vitor wrote:

DFDL and WMB sans WTX handle ISO8583 very gracefully.

You'll observe my later comment that if ISO 88583 is beyond the scope of the DFDL parser, it's an odd choice for a sample.

lancelotlinc wrote:
mqjeff wrote:
I would never use WTX for anything. That's just me. ... Again, go back to the business value.

As we must all choose, and must all determine the business value. My points were strictly:

- as the site in question clearly already has WTX, and may have the pre-built maps, it's an option but unlikely to be a solution to the OP's problem
- to describe WTX as a legacy product that must never be used to an untrained newcomer could cause alarm and confusion. The more rarified debate on WTX (from which my most worthy associate's quote was cut) may not resonate with the OP.

lancelotlinc wrote:
Re: WTX - If you like punch cards, then go ahead and use it.

Do not disrespect the punch cards. Punch cards are cool, and a valuable reminder of when I had both hair and sanity.

Also many happy hours spent in the punch room. It's so easy to whisper sweet nothings with all that covering noise....
kimbert
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Quote:
I am including elements 46 and 102 and making the corresponding bits as 1. The trace after the clientoutput node is populationg the message correctly but in the server flow is not reading the message properly. all the bits except the 1st bit(secondary bit map) in the primary bit map are read as 0 and no fields attached.
I think you are encountering a known problem. There is a fix already available - please open a PMR with IBM and ask for IC92210 on your platform.
Make sure that the PMR problem description references this thread - it will help to ensure a quick response.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Vitor wrote:
Do not disrespect the punch cards. Punch cards are cool, and a valuable reminder of when I had both hair and sanity. Also many happy hours spent in the punch room. It's so easy to whisper sweet nothings with all that covering noise....

On ME TeeVee network, Hawaii Five-O (original version) airs during lunchtime EST when I am home for lunch. I've always admired the knack for excellent production work that Leonard Freeman brought to the medium (who by the way was married to Joan Taylor).

Mr. Freeman often directed the inclusion of punch cards into various portions of H50 episodes. In one episode, everyone is sitting in a conference room with a Google-like search mechanism that bounced off the punch cards in the backroom which included various media images in the search results. Pretty far ahead of its time for 1972.
Lily
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

kimbert wrote:
Quote:
I am including elements 46 and 102 and making the corresponding bits as 1. The trace after the clientoutput node is populationg the message correctly but in the server flow is not reading the message properly. all the bits except the 1st bit(secondary bit map) in the primary bit map are read as 0 and no fields attached.
I think you are encountering a known problem. There is a fix already available - please open a PMR with IBM and ask for IC92210 on your platform.
Make sure that the PMR problem description references this thread - it will help to ensure a quick response.

Thank you! Before we open a PMR I would like to know why the connection is automatically getting closed after 1 minute even the logon messages are going through within that minute. How do we keep the connection open for long.
kimbert
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Quote:
Thank you! Before we open a PMR I would like to know why the connection is automatically getting closed after 1 minute even the logon messages are going through within that minute. How do we keep the connection open for long.
There are two separate problems here. I recommend that you open the PMR for the DFDL problem, and deal with the TCP/IP issue separately.
Lily
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Yes. I agree I have 2 different problems here. But the sample is working perfectly fine and parsing is done without errors for the sample. I am wondering why I am seeing the issue with my flow.

Can please somebody help me on how to keep the connection open for long.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » ISO message using DFDL parcer in TCPIP server node.
Jump to: