ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Transfer log messages are broadcasted to every QM + FTE

Transfer log messages are broadcasted to every QM + FTE « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
xeonix
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Transfer log messages are broadcasted to every QM + FTE Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi, guys.

Let's say, I have following (each box runs on Win 2008 R2):
Machine1: QMgr (coordination, command), FTE Agent
Machine2: QMgr (command), FTE Agent
Machine3: QMgr (command), FTE Agent

I've noticed, that when transfer is taking place between Machine1 and Machine2, if you run MQ Explorer on Machine3, you'll see "Current Transfer progress" as well as "Transfer Log" records of the transfers "Machine1 -> Machine2" and "Machine2 -> Machine1", even though Machine3 did not participated in that transfer.

So it turns out, that coordinator broadcasts transfer progress and transfer log entries across all QMgrs + FTE Agents that are registered within it.

On the coordinator there's topic, called "SYSTEM.FTE". The coordinator is publishing logs at "SYSTEM.FTE/Log/#" topic string. When you connecting FTE Explorer to FTE configuration, subscription to that topic is created with naming pattern "<MACHINE_MANE>-<GUID>" and "SYSTEM.FTE/Log/#" topic string. According to subscription, it puts log messages to "SYSTEM.MANAGED.DURABLE.<GUID>" queue on the coordination QMgr.

What I wanna do is to make transfer process/log records to be displayed/delivered to participants only.

In my case if I transfer files to "Machine1 <-> Machine2", I wish, that progress and transfer log entries should be shown/delivered only to "Machine1" and "Machine2", but have not been propagated to "Machine3" (it must know nothing about transfers, in which it's not participated).

Maybe there's something to do with subscriptions/queues I've mentioned above, but got no clue how to configure this scenario.
tomleend
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi xeonix,

Transfer Log messages are published to the SYSTEM.FTE topic on the coordination queue manager.

When you start WMQ Explorer (on any machine) that can connect to your coordination queue manager and your WebSphere MQ FTE configuration, it takes out a subscription against the SYSTEM.FTE topic so that it can display information about your whole WebSphere MQ FTE topology.

The "coordinator" as you put it, is not a dedicated WebSphere MQ FTE process, it's just a queue manager acting as any other queue manager would when subscriptions to its topics are opened.

APAR IC76641 introduced a property called "coordinationSubscriptionTopic" (with additional function added by APAR IC97284) that allows the specification of which topic the
tooling supplied with FTE subscribes to so that it can receive
publication messages pertaining to the status of the FTE
network.

However there is a lot of work and user coding required to make this work. A user written application is required to forward published data on the SYSTEM.FTE topic to newly defined topics that the fte* command line tools and the WMQ Explorer can then subscribe to. FTE does not provide this for you and requires a substantial amount of effort and in-depth knowledge of the various FTE message schemas.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Transfer log messages are broadcasted to every QM + FTE
Jump to: