ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IBM Integration Bus V9

IBM Integration Bus V9 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

This page:
http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/us/en/integration-bus

is now redirected from the product page for broker, and includes a link to "Download Developer Edition".
broker_new
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

any videos, redbooks, presentations to share with us from Impact?
Esa
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I didn't find in Integration Bus V9 announcement any mention of new DFDL connectivitys packs, something that I think should have had priority one, an EDI connectivity pack for example ...

DFDL inherinting from WTX, how hard can it be to convert WTX type trees into DFDL?
broker_new
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

mqjeff wrote:
This page:
http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/us/en/integration-bus

is now redirected from the product page for broker, and includes a link to "Download Developer Edition".

it routes to the Message Broker download..looks like we need to wait till June to play with it.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Esa wrote:
DFDL inherinting from WTX, how hard can it be to convert WTX type trees into DFDL?

Given that DFDL represents a logical model that uses Broker native data types (well, I'm sure kimbert will quibble and say that they're XML Schema data types), rather than a WTX type tree which uses WTX native data types (Integer16 anyone?)...

I'd say the answer depends entirely on how machine consumable the specification for WTX models is, as to whether or not it's easy to write a parser for them that can output XML schema with DFDL annotations.
Esa
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

mqjeff wrote:

I'd say the answer depends entirely on how machine consumable the specification for WTX models is, as to whether or not it's easy to write a parser for them that can output XML schema with DFDL annotations.

Thanks, mqjeff, for answering my rhetorical question which in its less rhetorical form actually spells "why hasn't it been done yet?"

The answer being, of course: because no customer has formally requested it?
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Esa wrote:
The answer being, of course: because no customer has formally requested it?

So you think IBM should produce materials for the pure intellectual joy of it, not because they can sell them?

Well of course IBM have done that, do do that and and I'm sure will continue to do that. But I doubt such things are, as you phrased it, "priority one".

So my utterly non-rhetorical question is:

if you want this as much as you seem to want this and I'm correct in my assumption you're a customer, how can you say no customer has formally requested it? Because your first logical action on seeing the lack of EDI connectivity packs & conversion of WTX type trees would have been to formally request such things.

Thus increasing the priority of something I'm sure various people are working on.

Also DFDL does not inherit anything from WTX.
Esa
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Vitor wrote:

if you want this as much as you seem to want this and I'm correct in my assumption you're a customer, how can you say no customer has formally requested it? Because your first logical action on seeing the lack of EDI connectivity packs & conversion of WTX type trees would have been to formally request such things.

Thus increasing the priority of something I'm sure various people are working on.

As you may have guessed, I'm so lazy that I'm trying to provoke someone else to take the action.
I will talk to my client and see if we can make a request.

Esa wrote:

Yes it does.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Esa wrote:
As you may have guessed, I'm so lazy that I'm trying to provoke someone else to take the action.
I will talk to my client and see if we can make a request.

So if someone requests it, it will get done. If a lot of people request it, it will get done faster..

Esa wrote:

Vitor wrote:

Yes it does.

And I wouldn't know one way or the other; I'm quoting the guy at IMPACT yesterday who does IBM's implementation of DFDL & is co-chair of the OGF group for DFDL. Cite your source.
mapa
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

I agree with Esa since the lack of a complete EDI-catalogue actually disqualifies the broker for being considered as a valid integration platform for some companies. (Yes, as techlead for such projects I have witnessed it first hand). It is quite common to have this built in as part of the product offering if you look at the competition from other vendors.
Maybe it is to not compete with the other IBM B2B offerings? I don't know.

I know that IBM Dublin very early produced an EDI package for the MRM that we 10 years ago asked the price for it and it turned out to be more than it would cost us to purchase a at the time state of the art B2B platform, so we kept the B2B software (upgraded the license) and now the company ( I don't work there anylonger) is planning on closing down the broker and move all A2A to the B2B solution instead (which actually is IBM, since we went for Stirling Commerce GIS shortly before IBM purchased it).
Looking at Gartners magical quadrant integration platforms (don't remember the name of it now) the consideration for IBM is the many overlapping products (so consolidating WESB and WMB is one good move).
Esa
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I'm facing the same situation now. We are looking for a future replacement of WTX as a transformation platform. Message Broker is not being considered because it lacks support of industry formats. WTX was originally selected as a temporary solution since MRM (that has separately purchaseable support for industry formats) and the V7 mapping node was going to be replaced.

I guess MRM is not going to be deprecated and you could use the MRM-based industry pacs with the new mapping node, but somehow I get the impression that it could be a risky choice if you are planning to run the next platform for, say, 6 to 10 years.

Vitor wrote:
Cite your source.

I'm not claiming that DFDL would inherit any code from WTX, but ideas and functionality...

http://www.ogf.org/pipermail/dfdl-wg/2010-January/001244.html
smdavies99
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Esa wrote:

I guess MRM is not going to be deprecated and you could use the MRM-based industry pacs with the new mapping node, but somehow I get the impression that it could be a risky choice if you are planning to run the next platform for, say, 6 to 10 years.

Have you asked IBM through your IBM rep something like this question

Quote:

What are your plans to move the IBM Swift Format(/other Industry solution) solution from the MRM Parser to the DFDL one?

I would only then even consider discounting the use of IBM IB (V9 or later) in a long term solution.

Given that it took IBM a really long time to get rid of the old Neon rules and formatter, I'd say that the MRM parser will be around for more years that I have to go before I retire.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Esa
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

smdavies99 wrote:
Esa wrote:

Have you asked IBM through your IBM rep something like this question

No, I just saw the light while arguing with you guys. This is definitely something we must check.
Esa
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Unfortunately it didn't take long to find out that there is no ready made EDI solution for message broker - other than WTX.
My memory failed me.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Esa wrote:
Unfortunately it didn't take long to find out that there is no ready made EDI solution for message broker - other than WTX.
My memory failed me.

It really depends on what you mean by "EDI" and what you mean by "Solution".

And as always, any statement about what is available *now* is subject to change. What with the time and the keeping on ticking ticking ticking.
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Page 3 of 7

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IBM Integration Bus V9
Jump to: