ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Cluster configuration + mqipt

Cluster configuration + mqipt « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rmcervantes
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Cluster configuration + mqipt Reply with quote

Hi,

i'm trying to establish a cluster communication through mqipt using socks, but there's problems with auto-defined cluster channel, everytime i create a cluster sender channels, the other queue manager creates an auto-defined cluster sender channel trying to connect directly to the queuemanager skipping the mqipt.

SVR1(QM1 -> MQIPT(socks client)) -> SVRIPT(MQIPT(socks server)) -> SVR2(QM2)

and

SVR2(QM2 -> MQIPT(socks client)) -> SVRIPT(MQIPT(socks server)) -> SVR1(QM1)

Have anyone used this type of configuration?
exerk
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

To be honest, I cannot think of any reason to put MQIPT between clustered queue managers; what is your rationale for using this configuration?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

You need to create a cluster receiver with the mqipt address and port in it.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

exerk wrote:
To be honest, I cannot think of any reason to put MQIPT between clustered queue managers; what is your rationale for using this configuration?

Right, to be clear here.

Every queue manager in the cluster must be able to connect to every other queue manager in the cluster.

So in order to do this, you must establish an mqipt endpoint for every other queue manager in the cluster, and you must then create a cluster receiver channel for every queue manager in the cluster with the mqipt address for that cluster queue manager.

And then all cluster communications go through mqipt, and no cluster communications go any other way.

The only way this makes some small sense is if you have a small cluster with two queue managers on each side of MQIPT, such that you have redundant and load-balanced connections across a hard network boundary. But to do this, you then need to make sure that you have an entirely separate cluster for the rest of the mq network on each side of the mqipt boundary. And you're still vulnerable to poor object definitions causing cluster bleedthrough and allowing messages to pass from one cluster to another, if you're not diligent in applying management, governance and security.

It is probably simpler to use mqipt features to create load balanced destinations with a virtual single external end point.
rmcervantes
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody. Sorry, i was very busy to Reply.

Finnally, i put the ip address and port of the MQIPT to the other cluster-receiver channel and it works, but addtionally found a problem with other queue manager in the cluster on the same lan, because this one does not go through MQIPT.

SVRA(QMA) <-> SVRB(QMB -> MQIPT(socks client)) -> SVRIPT(MQIPT(socks server)) -> SVRC(QMC)

On this configuration QMA and QMB are over cluster but QMB and QMC too.

I found a different configuration of Cluster-Receiver CONNAME parameter using more than one ip and port, like CONNAME('1.1.1.1(1234),9.9.9.9(4321)') giving this configuration to the cluster-sender channel and if 1.1.1.1(1234) is not available, it tries with 9.9.9.9(4321), excelent option i think...

Thanks again.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Cluster configuration + mqipt
Jump to: