ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » binding, retrying, ...

binding, retrying, ... « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
bruce2359
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

bernard_fay wrote:
Oupss...
Quote:

I think I should change the DEFTYPE of the receiver channel. Does it make sense? If yes, I can't find how to do it.

I mean the DEFTYPE of the sender channel.

You don't use sender channels in clustering.
rammer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Im presuming you are able to telnet from the sending MQ Server to the receiving quueue manager on your specified port?
bernard_fay
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

rammer wrote:
Im presuming you are able to telnet from the sending MQ Server to the receiving quueue manager on your specified port?

Absolutely! Tested many times.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You can't change the DEFTYPE of existing objects.

As exerk mentioned, the deftypes you are seeing have specific meanings, and are in use to convey those meanings *to you*.

To get back to the original issue. You created queue managers. You added those queue managers to an MQ cluster, following what you believe is the correct procedure according to the documentation. The queue managers appeared to be able to communicate with each other using the cluster channels.

You then restarted the machines in question. The queue managers stopped being able to communicate with each other using the cluster channels.

You need to troubleshoot the communication issue more.

A good place to start would be to shut down a single queue manager - not the host it's running on, but just the queue manager itself. This should ideally be a partial repository and not a full repository.

You should then start this queue manager back up, and evaluate all of the entries that are created it it's specific queue manager error log, and all of the entries that are created in the mq general log on that host.

You should also look for entries on each of the other queue managers in the cluster that correspond to the time, and make mention of the queue manager you restarted or make mention of the relevant cluster channels.
bernard_fay
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Fixed! Reply with quote

Apprentice

As I couldn't see any problem I scrapped everything and rebuild it. I even uninstalled WMQ to make sure no trace were left of the previous cluster and QMs.

One thing I made differently is that I specified a conname for the cluster-receiver channels even though the help in the WMQ Explorer let me understand to not specify anything for the case of cluster-receiver channels.

Now I can restart the channels, reboot a server and everything works well. I even simulated a computer crash and still ok.

Thanks everybody for your time and help.

Bernard
exerk
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Fixed! Reply with quote

Jedi Council

bernard_fay wrote:
One thing I made differently is that I specified a conname for the cluster-receiver channels even though the help in the WMQ Explorer let me understand to not specify anything for the case of cluster-receiver channels.

Only if you use the default listener port of 1414, which it appears you did not do in your previous incarnation of the cluster.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

the cluster receiver of a partial repository is used as the template for automatically defined cluster senders TO that repository, so the cluster receiver must specify the correct network address, including port, of the queue manager.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

again not following the procedure to alter the cluster receiver channel.

The procedure to follow is in the cluster manual. Let us know once you have found it.
How do you know the procedure has been followed correctly? The full repository shows the updated values in the conname for that qmgr.:
Code:
mqsc: dis clusqmgr(*) conname   

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » binding, retrying, ...
Jump to: