ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Java Compute Node problem finding Java Class

Java Compute Node problem finding Java Class « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
emiddleware
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Not on IIB Reply with quote

Centurion

EricCox wrote:
We have not migrated to IIB v9 so I can be of little help in that regard.

Best of luck!

Eric

Hi EricCox,

When u had done migrations , u did from 6 to 7 then from 7 to 8 right ??
How did u manage that ? Kindly give me some insight so that I can plan accordingly.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

These migrations are IMHO best done in a series of POC's.
Try a few things out, make mistakes and learn from it.
Document everything you do so that when it works you can refer back to your docs and repeat until you have a smooth process that will work perfectly (as as near as) when you do it for real.

I'm doing a mq 7.1.0.8/Broker 7.0.0.4 to MQ 8.0.0.1/IIB 9.0.0.2 in a few weeks. The process is doable but YOU need to be confident in how it will work on your system. for example, none of my flows use the old type of mapping nodes.

Try a few things for yourself and if you run into isses by all means post them here.
If you just take a process from someone else how do you really know that what they do is 100000% applicable to your setup?

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
emiddleware
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

smdavies99 wrote:
These migrations are IMHO best done in a series of POC's.
Try a few things out, make mistakes and learn from it.
Document everything you do so that when it works you can refer back to your docs and repeat until you have a smooth process that will work perfectly (as as near as) when you do it for real.

I'm doing a mq 7.1.0.8/Broker 7.0.0.4 to MQ 8.0.0.1/IIB 9.0.0.2 in a few weeks. The process is doable but YOU need to be confident in how it will work on your system. for example, none of my flows use the old type of mapping nodes.

Try a few things for yourself and if you run into isses by all means post them here.
If you just take a process from someone else how do you really know that what they do is 100000% applicable to your setup?

Dear SmDavies,
Thanks for your suggestion. I will definitely document my activities.
Currently I have 12 Common flows, and 100+ message flows for various vendors.
So I imported the 12 common flows and one vendor message flow to pilot the migration from v6.1 to IIB v9.
I created the required queues which are required for the particular vendor message flow.
I am currently facing lot of circular dependency ...
Since I have JCN in v6.1 , how my IIB can understand the JCN application ? should I import them under Application of IIB bv9 ????
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

When you import your message flows into the IIB v9 Toolkit, you obviously need to import all of the resources they need.

This includes the Java projects for any JCNs you are using.

If you then convert an imported message flow project to an Application, it should then do all the right things with the Java projects to make it part of that Application.
emiddleware
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

mqjeff wrote:
When you import your message flows into the IIB v9 Toolkit, you obviously need to import all of the resources they need.

This includes the Java projects for any JCNs you are using.

If you then convert an imported message flow project to an Application, it should then do all the right things with the Java projects to make it part of that Application.

Dear Mqjeff ,
I did a change now.
I exported the MB artifacts of 6.1 of unix as a Project Interchange and copied it to my local windows machine. I imported this MB artifact into my IIB v9 as a Project Interchange. I copied all the jar files that the projects were refering to .
The only thing that I don't have is the JCN related project reference, which is Project 'Common_Denormalization_XLS_Java' is missing required library: '\opt\IBM\common\plugins\com.ibm.etools.mft.jcn_6.1.600.v20100311_0935\javacompute.jar' and
Project 'Common_Denormalization_XLS_Java' is missing required library: '\opt\IBM\common\plugins\com.ibm.etools.mft.jcn_6.1.600.v20100311_0935\jplugin2.jar'.

How do I convert project referencing or looking for jcn related in toolkit for v6.1 into IIB v9 "Application" ?
Do we have any related jars in IIB v9 ?

Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

emiddleware wrote:
How do I convert project referencing or looking for jcn related in toolkit for v6.1 into IIB v9 "Application" ?

Understand that Java is not my thing. Okay, got that?

So, bearing that in mind, how are you using a jar file from the v6.1 Toolkit in a flow that doesn't run in the Toolkit (it's deployed to the broker)? Also, why is any user Java code referring to internal IBM jar files that (as you've discovered) might change?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

emiddleware wrote:

The only thing that I don't have is the JCN related project reference, which is Project 'Common_Denormalization_XLS_Java' is missing required library: '\opt\IBM\common\plugins\com.ibm.etools.mft.jcn_6.1.600.v20100311_0935\javacompute.jar' and
Project 'Common_Denormalization_XLS_Java' is missing required library: '\opt\IBM\common\plugins\com.ibm.etools.mft.jcn_6.1.600.v20100311_0935\jplugin2.jar'.

f
And you did not find these 2 jars in the broker 9 install path/classes?
emiddleware
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi All,

I finally found the jar files and edited the references the jar were looking for ... Finally I was able to reduce from 1000 + errors to 6 errors now.
I am getting stuck with independent Resources and Application.
Can you kindly share some info on this ? I am looking for documentation to migrate JCN stuffs to IIB.
emiddleware
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi All,
I was able to remove all the errors, but left with 100 + warnings...
Now I tried to create bar file to deploy to the broker but I get this
Processing file IDSServices.
Failed to add file IDSServices to archive file.
BIP0841E The resource IDSServicesBatch.msgflow could not be added to broker archive file IDSServices.appzip.
The dependent subflow 'ReprocessBatchDocumentXML.msgflow' can not be deployed as a source (.msgflow) file.
Transform the '.msgflow' file on the workspace using the menu option "Convert To Subflow" or
select the build option "Compile and in-line resources" to compile the msgflow files.

What should be done ?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

emiddleware wrote:
Hi All,
I was able to remove all the errors, but left with 100 + warnings...
Now I tried to create bar file to deploy to the broker but I get this
Processing file IDSServices.
Failed to add file IDSServices to archive file.
BIP0841E The resource IDSServicesBatch.msgflow could not be added to broker archive file IDSServices.appzip.
The dependent subflow 'ReprocessBatchDocumentXML.msgflow' can not be deployed as a source (.msgflow) file.
Transform the '.msgflow' file on the workspace using the menu option "Convert To Subflow" or
select the build option "Compile and in-line resources" to compile the msgflow files.

What should be done ?

Well the error text is quite clear on that.
You have a subflow with the extension msgflow... (way it was done in earlier versions).
Right click the item and choose convert to subflow. See how that works for you...
If not you need to build the bar file differently as suggested with the compile and in-line resources flag. However this may have adverse consequences on mapping... so my suggestion is try first and convert to subflow...

Have fun
emiddleware
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi All,
My migration exercise is still on !!
I was able to import all the artifacts .. But I am seeing red cross only on the nodes which was used using JCN.
Even if project references are given, its failing to recognize.

I get error like
Description Resource Path Location Type
Class "client.denormalization.pdf.CheckGenerateAndStorePDF" is not in a Java Compute Node project referenced by "MappingEngine". MappingEngine_Denormalization_Invoice.msgflow /MappingEngine Unknown Message Flow Property Content Problem

Is there are way I can create a java project by clicking on the JCN node.. something like that .. I actually tried but nothing is striking as of now ...

fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

emiddleware wrote:
Hi All,
My migration exercise is still on !!
I was able to import all the artifacts .. But I am seeing red cross only on the nodes which was used using JCN.
Even if project references are given, its failing to recognize.

I get error like
Description Resource Path Location Type
Class "client.denormalization.pdf.CheckGenerateAndStorePDF" is not in a Java Compute Node project referenced by "MappingEngine". MappingEngine_Denormalization_Invoice.msgflow /MappingEngine Unknown Message Flow Property Content Problem

Is there are way I can create a java project by clicking on the JCN node.. something like that .. I actually tried but nothing is striking as of now ...

Looks to me that you are missing a reference to an external jar...
emiddleware
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,
When we use a JCN node, compile, it has its own Java project apart from ESQL project . I am not able to see that ... I feel the class is looking for reference of that Java project .. How do I get that ?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

emiddleware wrote:
Hi,
When we use a JCN node, compile, it has its own Java project apart from ESQL project . I am not able to see that ... I feel the class is looking for reference of that Java project .. How do I get that ?

You reference the JCN project from the ESQL project that needs it. On the JCN project's build path you can reference external jars on the classpath.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Java Compute Node problem finding Java Class
Jump to: