ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » WebSphere MQ FTE JEE or stand alone database logger setup

WebSphere MQ FTE JEE or stand alone database logger setup « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mq.curious
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: WebSphere MQ FTE JEE or stand alone database logger setup Reply with quote

I am new to FTE configuration. I am looking at the logger configuration and cannot say, what are the pros and cons of choosing either of the two.

When should I choose Stand alone database logger

and when I should setup WAS and java application and database logger?

thanks
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

You might have alook at these videos to help you discover new information.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/messaging/entry/videos_and_podcasts37?lang=en
mq.curious
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: update on my earlier post Reply with quote

I found this

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqfte/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.wmqfte.doc%2Fdatabase_logger.htm

all i understood is

if u have stand alone database logger, it has to be installed configured on the same machine as MQ server u can have remote database configuration.

if u have JEE database logger u can install and manage that as EAR on application server and have it seperate from MQ Server in case of WAS. and have remote database.

I was wondering if someone could add more information to that.
w1ndy
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: update on my earlier post Reply with quote

Apprentice

mq.curious wrote:
I found this

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqfte/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.wmqfte.doc%2Fdatabase_logger.htm

all i understood is

if u have stand alone database logger, it has to be installed configured on the same machine as MQ server u can have remote database configuration.

if u have JEE database logger u can install and manage that as EAR on application server and have it seperate from MQ Server in case of WAS. and have remote database.

I was wondering if someone could add more information to that.

Hi, I had a succesfull play with Stand-alone Db logger. I used Oracle as the DBMS.

Oracle Client was installed on same server (Windows 2008 R2) as the co-ordination queue manager. Using XA, log records were written to an Oracle instance on a Linux server.

Cheers

Windy

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » WebSphere MQ FTE JEE or stand alone database logger setup
Jump to: